Business Tax Licenses
Interim Process for Local Business Tax Applications:
UPDATE (May 18, 2020): Following a county order to allow for the reopening of non-essential businesses, Palmetto Bay is accepting Local Business Tax Applications for all business types allowed to operate under county Emergency Order 23-20.
Palmetto Bay released this special informational bulletin for the benefit of our local businesses.
To submit a Local Business Tax License:
- Complete the online Local Business Tax Application Form and submit along with all other required documents and applications
- You will have the option to submit or submit and print your application. Make sure to print, complete and upload the affidavit. A list of required documents is provided on the links above.
- Make sure to upload any other required document with your application
- As an alternative, you may complete and print your application and drop off the hard copies along with all other required documentation at the drop box located at the main entrance to Village Hall. Applications may be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, excluding holidays.
- Make sure to fill out the log-in sheet located at the drop box. Include your name, email, property address and all other information required.
READ THE COUNTY'S "INITIAL REOPENING PLAN" - details the implementation rules for the various business types.
When the Application is Received
- Village staff will review the application and ensure all required documentation has been included.
- You will be notified via email if any information is missing.
- You will be notified of any fee(s) due. Payments are only accepted online. Read these instructions first.
- Once you have paid for any fees due, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, phone and business name.
- Staff will send the approved license via email as a pdf document.
- Check the status of your Local Business Tax License online
- Proof of State of Florida Registration
- Examples: Articles of Incorporation or Fictitious Name
- For more information visit Florida Department of State - Division of Corporations
Once obtained, the Local Licenses and the Certificate of Uses must be displayed conspicuously at the place of business and in such a manner as to be open to the view of the public and subject to inspection by all duly authorized officers of the Village.