Vice Mayor John DuBois
Vice Mayor John DuBois is a businessman, civic leader, and philanthropist who has spent his entire career in the Telecommunications industry. In 2008, he founded Eyecast, a cloud-based Video Surveillance company and is currently the President and CEO. Vice Mayor DuBois moved from Virginia to Palmetto Bay in 2001, just one year prior to Village incorporation.
Mr. DuBois attended American University in Washington, D.C.where he earned a B.S. in Economics and Business Administration and Master of Science in Technology of Management. Mr. DuBois spends a great deal of his personal time helping the homeless with his work at Camillus House and with the medically indigent through his work at Camillus Health Concerns. Recreational interests include tennis, skiing, and wine tasting. Mr. DuBois is also an ISA Certified Arborist.
Following the 2016 elections, Vice Mayor John DuBois was re-elected by Village of Palmetto Bay residents to serve for a second term. A Swearing-In Ceremony took place on December 5th at Village Hall, during which Vice Mayor DuBois took his second oath of office to serve as Vice Mayor of Palmetto Bay. For more information about the 2016 elections, including the election results, please visit our Elections 2016 page. Read the story featured in the Community News newspaper.
Vice Mayor DuBois has served on the board of directors and advisory boards of many companies, charities, and institutions including several years on the Board of the Deering Estate Foundation in Palmetto Bay and on the Palmetto Bay Tree Advisory Committee. He is currently involved with the following entities;
- Member, Board of Directors Camillus House (8 years) the largest service provider to the homeless in Miami.
- Member Camillus House finance committee.
- Member, Board of Directors Miami-Dade County Office of Economic Development and International Trade.
- Advisory Board, Educate Tomorrow which provides foster care children who age out of the system with education and life skills training.
- Member, Board of Directors of Camillus Health Concerns which provides health services to those who cannot afford medical treatment.
- Chairman, Camillus Health Concerns finance committee.