IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING BUILDING PERMITS DUE TO THE COVID-19
Permitting services are open with minor adjustment to our regular process. However, Village Hall remains closed to the public. Please read below for more details.
Interim Permitting Process for Building Permits:
For each permit type, submit a permit application:
- Fill out a Building Permit Application
- Include contact name, phone number and email address on the place provided on the application.
- Drop off your Building Permit Application at the drop box located at the main entrance to Village Hall. Permit applications and plans can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, excluding holidays.
- Make sure to fill out the log-in sheet located at the drop box. Include your name, email, property address and all other information required.
NEW CONSTRUCTION: New construction permits are now accepted. For new construction permits, please make sure to leave two copies of the plans and all associated documents along with the permit application in the drop box.
When the Permit is Approved and Ready
- Village staff will notify you via email with the fee amount.
- You will have to pay for the permit online here. Read these instructions first.
- Once you have paid for the permit, please send an email to email@example.com and include your name, phone and permit numbers.
- Village staff will print the permit card and send the card along with your job copy of the permit documents via email as pdf documents For bulk plans, arrangements will be made with you for pick-up.
- Inspections are being conducted on all permitted work. Inspections will be done onsite and virtually, as determined by the Building Department.
- Inspections can only be scheduled via phone at 305-259-1253 (please leave a voice mail message) or via email. Be certain to leave your contact information on the voice mail message.
- Inspections are performed the following business day unless the owner requests otherwise.
- Client calls the Building and Permitting Division the morning of the inspection at 305-259-1250 and an approximate time frame either in the morning or afternoon will be provided.
- The homeowner and/or contractor must be present at the site of inspection when the inspector arrives. Based on site conditions, the inspector will determine whether the inspection will be done physically (mostly for unoccupied premises) or virtually (mostly for occupied premises.) For open air inspections such as fences, driveways, pools, roofs and such permit paperwork may be left outside in a plastic cover for protection as is the norm for such inspections. These inspections are accomplished without the owner or contractor.
WINDOWS & DOOR INSPECTIONS: Inspections for doors and windows must be performed by a from a Florida Licensed Architect or Engineer or authorized Private Provider hired by the homeowner. Please complete and submit the Windows and Doors Supplemental Package with the application.
Other Important Information
- Permit applications previously submitted for which a permit has not been issued will continue to be processed. To the extent that comments or revisions are required, such information will be provided to the applicant via email only.
- Revisions will ALSO be accepted and permits will be issued accordingly.
- New sub-permits to previously-issued master permits will be accepted.
Access information on how to pull a permit, permit fees and permit forms and documents.
Be aware of the current codes in effect for all permitting issues.
Review legal information regarding contractors and construction processes.
Check the status of your building permit online.
See a list of Permit forms, applications & other related documents.
Discover the inspection scheduling process.
Access information about the Village's planning & zoning process and zoning applications for new projects. This is a division of the Community & Economic Development.