Finance Department FAQ
Finance Department FAQ (False Alarm Registration)
- How do I register my alarm system?
If you are not registered with Palmetto Bay, please register online, or print the registration form from our website, complete the form, make your check payable to “Village of Palmetto Bay”, and deliver by mail to: 9705 E Hibiscus St., Palmetto Bay FL 33157.
- What is the cost of the alarm registration?
The cost of an alarm registration is $25.
- Who is required to have an alarm permit/license?
Everyone operating an alarm system inside the village limits is required to register their alarm system.
- What will happen if I do not register?
The property owner will be fined $100 for each false alarm until registered.
- Can I transfer an alarm account?
No, alarm accounts cannot be transferred. A new registration is required time a person moves to or purchases a new residence.
- How do I close an alarm account?
Written notification is required to close an alarm account.
- Are false alarms a problem?
Yes, they are. Across the nation, the growth of alarm system ownership has resulted in a tremendous amount of false alarms. The response to false alarms has created an additional burden on our law enforcement agencies. Nationwide, approximately 99% or more of the entire burglar alarms police respond on are false.
- What does the Village hope to accomplish by enforcing the false alarm ordinance?
The Village wants to substantially reduce the number of false alarms that the police department responds to.
- Will I be charged for alarm activations that are not false?
No, you will never be charged for an alarm activation that is not false, this ordinance allows charges for false alarms only.
- Where do I send my check?
The mailing address is:
Village of Palmetto Bay
9705 E Hibiscus St.
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157