PALMETTO BAY, FL, Aug. 4, 2013 -- Palmetto Bay Park played host to an small-town carnival Aug. 4 that drew thousands of residents with free give-aways, free rides, free bicycle helmets, and fun carnival-styled food. The Back-to-School Carnival, sponsored by Gus Machado Ford, was a first-time event of its kind. The event was promoted heavily via social media and local press. Read more in the Palmetto Bay News in editions of e-Currents, and other online publications such as Miami-on-the Cheap.
- Free admisstion
- Open to all members of the public
- Unprecedented number of fun rides (see below)
- Midway games and booths, and even inflatable games!
- Face-painters, balloon artists, and stilt walker/juggler
- Food vendors offering with funnel cake, kettle corn, and cotton candy!
- A dunk tank with surprise volunteers
- Free backpacks and school supplies provided by Gus Machado Ford
- Free MIAMI HEAT pencils (donated by the Miami Heat, of course!)
- Tubs of Fun
- 4-station Euro Bungee
- Pirate’s Revenge
- Kraken (inflatable) duo slide
- Triple Play (inflatable)
- Dash Mini Challenge (inflatable for younger kids)
Carnival Booths (Ring Toss, Balloon Pop, Kiddie Striker)
In addition to all the great stuff mentioned above, the Back-to-School Carnival also was an excellent opportunity to sign up for Fall and Winter extracurricular activities offered here in our Village, and to learn more about local resources! Several organizations were on-site with information on their programs, services, schedules, and fees. These are just some of the groups that will join us at the carnival:
- Gus Machado Ford
- Ballet in the Park
- MDI Sports
- I-9 Sports
- Coral Reef Tennis
- Miami Children’s Hospital
- Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- Palmetto Bay Police Department
- Miami-Dade Public Library System
- Miami Dade County Council PTA/PTSA
- South Florida Mixed Martial Arts
Attention parents: the Miami-Dade County Council PTA/PTSA also will be on had, so be sure to stop by and learn how YOU can be involved with your child’s school PTA this year!
For sponsorship or vendor information, please contact us via e-mail or call 305-259-1234.
See more photos in the Village Facebook Gallery.