Thank you to everyone who participated in the Camping in the Park event; the very first of its kind in Palmetto Bay! Despite the nighttime rain, folks had a great time enjoying the scheduled activities and family atmosphere. Stay tuned for photos.
- About Camping in the Park & Movie Night
- Camp Night Rules & Regulations
- Camp Night Promo Video
- Community News Article
- Participating Food Vendors
- Schedule of Activities
- Site Map
Special Thanks to Event Sponsors & Partners
Camping in the Park & Movie Night is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! The event is the first of its kind in Palmetto Bay, and it will be an awesome one. The Village is excited to announce that this free, family-friendly, overnight adventure will take place at the beautiful Coral Reef Park. Lots of fun activities have been planned throughout the day on Saturday, culminating with a Movie in the Park adventure, featuring Night at the Museum! See the list of activites and schedule below. Those not interested in camping, may still participate in the daytime activities and movie night.
Registration is not required if participating in the daytime activities only, but it is mandatory for overnight campers.
Bring your s'mores, your tent and your camping gear and prepare for a weekend of non-stop activities at the park. Please read the Camp Night rules & regulations for more information.
Stay tuned for any changes to the camp site plan. Click below to see an enlarged version of the site plan.
Back to Top
Schedule of Activities
** Nature Postings is offering a camping rental package for $30 to include: One 3-person tent, a lantern & picnic table. Available while supplies last. For reservations go to www.naturepostings.com.
Parking: Overnight campers are to park at the two lots located off Coral Reef Drive by the tennis and basketball courts, and the lot by the park playground at the park's main entrance.
*Food vendors will be open from 3pm to 10:30pm*
**Campers must be set-up and all vehicles must be moved from the temporary unloading area by 4pm**
- 11:00am- Check-In Begins – ENDS AT 3:45PM (all campers must be set-up before 4pm)
- 12:00-1:30 pm- Session #1 Kayak Adventure (*first come, first serve on day of event)
- 2:00-3:30 pm- Session #2 Kayak Adventure (*first come, first serve on day of event)
- 3:00-8:30 pm- FREE Fingerprinting/CHILD ID by New York Life Insurance
- 4:00-5:00 pm- Bird Watching inside Coral Reef Park Pine Rockland Forest Trail; (open to all; bring your own binoculars. Meet at Nature Postings Camp site area)
- 4:00-4:30 pm- Presentation by Ranger Maria from Everglades National Park
- 4:00-7:00 pm- Tennis Games/ Activities with Truth N' Tennis
- 4:00-8:00 pm- Melt Down Team Challenge Inflatable
- 4:30-7:30 pm- Comet Construction Lab & “Freeze It” Demo, Telescope Viewing, Spectroscopy Experiment & Frost Science Mobile Museum Exhibit
- 4:50 pm- Special Announcements-Meet by the Gazebo
- 6:00-6:30 pm- Community Awareness on Bullying hosted by Shotokan Karate Center.
- 6:00-8:00 pm- Nature Postings Animal Encounter
- 6:00-8:00 pm- Night Hike with Nature Postings at Coral Reef Park Pine Rockland Forest Trail (open to all; bring your own lantern, head lights, etc. Meet at Nature Postings camp site area)
- 6:30-8:30pm- SCAS Star Party -Telescope Stargazing by Southern Cross Astronomical Society
- 6:30-10:30pm- Lighting of the Camp Fire; Marshmallow Roast Begins (S’mores)-goes on throughout the showing of the featured films.
- 7:00 pm- Introduction of Richard Kern, Richard Kern’s Ghost of the Western Glades begins -Live Narrated Documentary (35 minutes)
8:30 pm- Movie Begins-Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, PG – 1hr and 38mins
• Recommended for tents to turn off lights; certain Light towers will remain on.
- 10:30 pm- Campfire goes out!
- 11:00 pm- Lights out! All camp lights/lanterns off please.
- 7:00 am Reveille (Wake-up call)
- 8:00-10:00 am Clean-up Camp Site/Break-down