- Event Sponsors
- Vendor Information
- Car Show Details
- DARE Festival Facebook
- Event Highlights
- DARE Background
- Vendor Registration Form
- Vendor Contract
- 97.3 The Coast
PALMETTO BAY, FL, Nov. 16, 2013 -- Palmetto Bay's Outreach Officers dare you to help our Policing Unit top last year's fundraising efforts that brought in $2,900 to support the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program. The entire community is invited to assist in that goal by supporting and attending the 4th Annual DARE Arts & Crafts Fair and Car Show, Nov. 16 at Coral Reef Park, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Donations will help fund the popular anti-drug program for school-age children in Palmetto Bay through the purchase of student workbooks and diplomas.
With 40-plus vendors selling everything from jewelry to clothing to food, more than 800 visitors are expected to attend this year. Broadcasting live from the Coral Reef Park will be WFLC 97.3 Coast Radio, with music and live on-air cut-ins throughout the day. The festival also includes food vendors, local artists, a bounce house, face painting, and student performances such as choir and ballet.
In addition to our live-radio sponsor WFLC 97.3, special thanks to Benefit Car Show for management of the Auto Show that is taking place between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., and includes a "Best-in-Show" competition. Over 60 vintage vehicles will be parked in the east lot (off 77th avenue) for everyone’s viewing pleasure. Special thanks also to Bullseye Powder Coating for donation of trophies and auto-restoration-work raffle certificates, and Pro-Automotive Inc. for donation of free oil changes and 21-point inspection raffle certificates.
“We are so grateful for the Palmetto Bay Parks & Rec staff," said Community Outreach Officer Patience Glasko, event organizer. "Each year they do a fantastic job assisting our Police staff in managing the festival throughout the day.” See photos from last year's event and read more below on the DARE program.
Vendor registration rates are of $60 for art/craft vendors; food vendor fee is $70. For information, please contact Officer Patience Glasko at 305‐278‐4016 or Rosie Hart at 305‐331‐3974. Also be sure to visit the DARE Festival Facebook for information and updates.
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013
- Location: Coral Reef Park, 7895 SW 152 St.
- Time: 9 am - 5 pm
- Vendor set-up: 6:45-8:30 am. All vendors must check in and be set-up no later than 8:30 am, otherwise your space may be forfeited.
- Vendors are not to break down their tents until 5 p.m. No refunds for inclement weather.
- Per Village of Palmetto Bay Parks Dept: Once vendors unload their vehicles, they are to park in the designated vendor parking lot.
- We DO NOT supply tables/tents/chairs.
- 10 x 10 tent will be allowed (no tents larger than 12 x 12). Vendors are limited to purchasing two spaces.
- There are limited electrical outlets available for this event next to the gazebo.
- No Pets: Be kind to your pets and leave them at home.
- No alcoholic beverages on site.
- Arts & Crafts Vendor fee is $60; Food Vendor fee is $70.
- Please contact Officer Patience Glasko at 305‐278‐4016 or Rosie Hart at 305‐331‐3974
This year, hundreds of school children around the Village will benefit from DARE, the highly acclaimed program that gives kids the skills they need to avoid involvement in drugs, gangs, and violence. DARE was founded in 1983 in Los Angeles and has proven so successful that it is now being implemented in 75 percent of our nation's school districts and in more than 43 countries around the world. DARE is a police officer-led series of classroom lessons that teaches children from kindergarten through 12th grade how to resist peer pressure and live productive drug and violence-free lives.
The program is coordinated by the Community Outreach team with the Village of Palmetto Bay Policing Unit. Special thanks to Officer Glasko (at right) for all her personal time and extra effort in putting this event together. For information, visit the Palmetto Bay Policing-Unit Station, 9705 E. Hibiscus St. (weekdays 9-5) or via e-mail or call 305-278-4000 for information. Also view this informative video about the various programs offered by the Palmetto Bay Village Policing Unit.