Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, directing, and administering all activities related to our parks system and recreation programming, special events, and community outreach programs.
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Park
- Facility (Party) Rentals
- Forms and Documents
- Park Rules and Regulations
VALENTINE'S DAY MOVIE NIGHT CHOICES
Please help us plan a Valentine's Day Movie Night (Feb. 14) for residents 18 and older, under the stars at Ludovici Park, by taking this quick "Pick a Flick" survey of five film choices. This romantic event is coupled with a "Date Night" (Feb. 13) at Thalatta Estate. Details to come. FEB 14 2015
WALKWAY & PRESERVE WORK AT CORAL REEF PARK
Park patrons should be alerted to work scheduled to begin Jan. 28 at Coral Reef Park. Maintenance crews will be performing work along park walkways and in the Preserve. Sorry for any inconvenience. JAN. 28, 2015
PARKS SURVEY ON THALATTA EVENTS
Please share input on 2014 events/programs at Thalatta Estate. Even if you didn't join in any programming last year, this survey measures what you'd like to see at our amazing bayside park in the year ahead. The more input from park-goers the better we may serve you! JAN 15, 2015
CORAL REEF PARK VIDEOS FEATURE AMENITIES
Meet the Parks & Recreation Dept. team as they share Coral Reef Park's top amenities including exercise equipment, tennis center, and walking trails. Also view a series of videos featuring amenities throughout our entire Parks system. Watch "Discover Coral Reef Park" now.
Back to Home
Baseball / Softball ... Howard Palmetto registration fees: baseball $219; T-ball $185; and softball $195; includes uniform, practices/games with umpires; league picnic, movie night; trophies. Sign up now. NOV 17, 2014
Service Animals ... Other than Perrine Wayside Dog Park, domestic pets are not allowed in our parks – with the exception of service animals that to accompany with disabilities. Please be patient if our staff must ask you, however, as there have been multiple abuses of the ADA law. NOV 06, 2014
Kickball League ... Adult co-ed Kick Ball League at Palmetto Bay Park is $300 per team. Players must be 21 or older, 15 players per team (at least 4 women). Contact Park Supervisor at 305-251-2751. SEP 30, 2014
Holiday by the Bay ... Ludovici Park's signature event, Holiday-by-the-Bay drew thousands of residents and Dec. 13 for free Santa photos, rides, music, great food on the mini-midway, and a wildly popular faux snowstorm. An eagle scout candidate project also was dedicated during the event's opening ceremony. DEC. 13, 2014
DARE Fair Success ... The 5th Annual DARE Arts & Crafts Fair, Nov. 15, was a resounding success, with close to 50 vendors. Residents also enjoyed a "Cruise In" antique-car show. Police host the event to boost funding of its Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) program for kids. NOV 15, 2014
Halloween Movie Night ... Thanks for participating in our survey to "Pick the Flick" for Halloween Movie Night Event at Coral Reef Park on Oct. 31. We had a great night out with family and friends at the event which also included a trick-or-treating and costume contest. We'll soon post photos on the Village Facebook OCT 31, 2014
Gardening Workshop ... Residents participated in the final Responsible Gardening Workshop of the season at Thalatta Estate, Oct. 10, to learn about composting, with Village resident and Master Gardener Terri Stephen in partnership with UF/Miami-Dade County Extension. See photos. OCT 10, 2014
Tennis Play Day ... Residents hit with the latest Wilson "Spin Effect" racquet at the Oct. 8 Tennis Play Day at Coral Reef Park. Free demo event for Juniors and Adults was organized by Village Parks & Rec and USPTA-PTR Pro Kara Borromeo and Lee Pettis. Also see Facebook. OCT 08, 2014
Nature Program Summary ... Nature Postings, one of our program providers issued this summary of activities related to: Nature Afloat Program, Family Kayak Adventures, and Summer Camps. SEP 15, 2014.
Coral Reef Park Video ... Palmetto Bay's Village parks video series launched last fall with a destination piece on Coral Reef Park. Narrated by Summer Camp Counselor Neal Simmons, the Ludovici Park feature is set for a January release. See photos recently shot during production. JAN 4, 2013
Thalatta Estate Website ... If you like Thalatta Estate Park, now you may really "Like" it. The Facebook was been created to showcase our beautiful natural park and many of the events there. NOV 14, 2012
BIKE305 Initiative ... Palmetto Bay is one of several municipalities partnering with Miami-Dade's Bike305 Initiative -- a fun, healthy way to explore and connect with neighboring communities. Read more. MAR 15, 2013
Meditation Garden ... The Ken Robinson Meditation Garden at Coral Reef Park is the perfect venue to host a small wedding or reception -- or simply to meditate. Contact us or call 305-234-6383. JAN 4, 2013
Free Community Room ... Nonprofits, charitable organizations, and community groups may host free meetings in the Edward & Arlene Feller Community Room (EAF). Read this ordinance. For info, availability, or an application contact us in writing or call 305-259-1234. JUN 14, 2012
Back to Top
Please click on the park name to explore each facility.
- Coral Reef Park (51.3 acres)
- Palmetto Bay Park (19.6 acres)
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Park
- Ludovici Park (Miami-Dade Public Library / Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room & Amphitheater)
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. To that extent, the Department directs and coordinates the installation and maintenance of park facilities including park structures and landscaped areas in the parks, prepares bid specifications and project cost estimates for park maintenance outsource contracts, and administers all aspects of said contracts.
The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs.
The specific goals of the Department are to:
- Enhance parks safety and security during special events, home games, tournaments and before and after hours.
- Seek professional development for Director in all aspects of municipal government and continue to grow all parks and recreation personnel.
- Enhance recruitment of professional parks and recreation staff.
- Continue to seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in house recreational programming.
- Explore best practices to efficiently and fiscally operate and manage multiple concessions.
- Continue to enhance parks grounds & turf using professional in house staff, developing specific maintenance programs.
- Continue to support Village “Green Initiatives” through commitment to environmental education and conservation.
- Continue to promote and require attendance of management personnel to attend state and national conferences to keep up with certifications and industry initiatives.
- Continue to encourage the cooperation between the village and neighborhood schools.
- Continue to seek innovative and creative ways to improve on operations & expenditures, and look for ways to increase revenue.
- Continue to work with Public Works, PIO, and Police to enhance, promote and protect our park facilities.
- Promote and enhance communications emphasizing the importance of prioritizing and time management.
- Continue to work with contractors/vendors to enhance and repair park facilities.
Village Department of Parks & Recreation (305) 259-1234
Fanny Carmona, Director
Josie Bober, Administrative Assistant
Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
Valentin Garcia, Grounds/Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Park Supervisor-Coral Reef Park
Luis “Marty” Tejeda, Park Supervisor-Palmetto Bay Park
- Party rental information: visit Facility Rentals
- Contact information: Park Program providers/vendors
Back to top