South Motors new site plan includes new park...
South Motors site plan modernizes the look of its existing BMW/Honda facility with new showrooms and service facilities -- and adds a new veterans park to the Village. Council approval at the Dec. 14 Zoning Hearing brings additional parkland and a contribution of $95,000 for park construction. Read more. DEC. 14, 2015
New chapter for Downtown Redevelopment...
Palmetto Bay came one step closer to realizing its dream of a livable, walkable downtown with its newly adopted Downtown Urban Village zoning code. Council vote at a Dec. 14 Zoning Hearing marked the conclusion of a 3-year code-development phase and more than 100 public presentations. Read more and see news coverage. DEC. 14, 2015
Updated requirements for the location of Pergolas, Trellises, Canvas Shade Structures and other similar structures go into effect...Refer to this Quick Reference Guide for a summary of the new regulations, or read Ordinance No. 2015-14 in its entirety. The Planning & Zoning division will be happy to answer any questions concerning these new rules.
Site Plan Review ... Property owners interested in a site plan review of projects that do not require public hearing can now download and complete an Application for Administrative Site Plan Review.
Special Event at a Business ... Businesses often host a special event to promote products, attract clientele, and increase sales. In most instances, these activities attract larger-than-usual-sized groups of people at once, such as grand openings, public promotions, Black Friday sales, Cinco de Mayo celebrations, autograph signings, and contest. These events are considered “special events” and require a permit. Read more.
Residential Block Parties ... Now, if you are planning a special event at a private residence, such as a block party, an application for a Temporary Street Closing Permit is required to be filed with Public Works no later than 14 days prior to an event. You must also submit a petition signed by 75 percent of residents within the area being barricaded, prior to approval, and provide an announcement to all residents living in the area.
Back to Top
Planning & Zoning Division is responsible for providing technically sound and professional recommendations to ensure strict adherence to the Village’s Land Development Code, Comprehensive Plan, and any other concurrency regulations and for the efficient and timely processing of zoning applications. The division is managed by Director Darby Delsalle who is also responsible for overseeing and managing the Art In Public Places program.
- Continue implementation of adopted Comprehensive Plan
- Administer zoning regulations and processes in accordance with the Land Development Code
- Implement the Village Mixed Use Zoning District Regulations
- Continue implementation of Franjo Island/U.S. 1 Island Area Mixed Use
- Zoning District Regulations
- Continue development and complete adoption process of a Village Land Development Code
- Continue to administer the permit process for sidewalk cafes and garage sales
- Continue to monitor monthly update process of the GIS for property and ownership information to provide current and accurate property data
- Continue development of the GIS for Village needs including adding historic zoning information and code enforcement actions at the parcel level
- Administer the Art-in-Public-Places Program
- Represent the Village at planning and development conferences and seminars
Back to Top
Monday through Friday (except on observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
Back to Top
- Application for Administrative Site Plan Review
- Sidewalk Cafe Application
- Administrative Adjustment Application
- Special Event Sign/Banner Application
- Garage Sales Application
- Land Use Entitlement Permit Process
- Land Use Map (2005)
- Zoning Map (March 2010)
- Cooling & Saving Energy
- Green Bath, Laundry & Kitchen Remodels
- Green Landscaping Design
- Guiding Principles for a Sustainable City
- Live More Green
- 10 Ways to Promote Sustainability at School
- 10 Ways to Promote Sustainability at Home
- Native Trees and Shrubs Information
Back to Top