South Motors new site plan includes new park...
South Motors site plan modernizes the look of its existing BMW/Honda facility with new showrooms and service facilities -- and adds a new veterans park to the Village. Council approval at the Dec. 14 Zoning Hearing brings additional parkland and a contribution of $95,000 for park construction. Read more. DEC. 14, 2015
New chapter for Downtown Redevelopment...
Palmetto Bay came one step closer to realizing its dream of a livable, walkable downtown with its newly adopted Downtown Urban Village zoning code. Council vote at a Dec. 14 Zoning Hearing marked the conclusion of a 3-year code-development phase and more than 100 public presentations. Read more and see news coverage. DEC. 14, 2015
- Application for Administrative Site Plan Review
- Block Party Permit Application
- Sidewalk Cafe Application
- Administrative Adjustment Application
- Special Event Sign/Banner Applications
- Garage Sales Application
Back to Top
Planning & Zoning Division is responsible for providing technically sound and professional recommendations to ensure strict adherence to the Village’s Land Development Code, Comprehensive Plan, and any other concurrency regulations and for the efficient and timely processing of zoning applications. The division is managed by Director Darby Delsalle who is also responsible for overseeing and managing the Art In Public Places program.
- Continue implementation of adopted Comprehensive Plan
- Administer zoning regulations and processes in accordance with the Land Development Code
- Implement the Village Mixed Use Zoning District Regulations
- Continue implementation of Franjo Island/U.S. 1 Island Area Mixed Use
- Zoning District Regulations
- Continue development and complete adoption process of a Village Land Development Code
- Continue to administer the permit process for sidewalk cafes and garage sales
- Continue to monitor monthly update process of the GIS for property and ownership information to provide current and accurate property data
- Continue development of the GIS for Village needs including adding historic zoning information and code enforcement actions at the parcel level
- Administer the Art-in-Public-Places Program
- Represent the Village at planning and development conferences and seminars
Community Development is another function that was reorganized this budget year to achieve a higher level of efficiency as the Village moves to absorb the additional work that will come with the downtown redevelopment. Building and planning functions were integrated into a single department to allow for a better flow in the permitting process. At the start of the fiscal year, our focus was to complete the newly-designed zoning code for the future downtown. With the code currently in place, the strategy has shifted to assist with the implementation, which we are currently doing. As the downtown proceeds to redevelop, this function will continue to evolve in accordance with the needs of the Village. At this time, the following efforts have been accomplished:
- Completed the zoning code update for the Downtown area that has successfully ignited developer interest in the area as evidenced in several inquiries for potential future projects.
- Have been meeting with developers to explain and provide development ideas to maximize potential projects which best meet the design of the new downtown.
- Established new streetscape design criteria for new development in the Downtown Urban Village.
- Identified the location of new streets which will be part of the new downtown.
- Revised and updated the existing parking ordinance.
- Finalized zoning requirements for a new fire station on the north side of the Village.
- Initiated a study for the possibility of a slip lane along US 1.
- Launched online permitting portal.
- Established a new park impact fee for downtown projects.
- Added an architectural type position to staff to help with documents for town hall meetings, graphic design, preliminary designs and help in providing documents for procurement
- Began looking at potential annexation opportunities to retain control on the future development for the areas along US 1 and the Busway [expand on this]
- Initiated the Water Facilities Plan update to our Comprehensive Plan
- Adopted updated flood plain provisions to qualify for lower flood insurance rates
- Amended code to address appeals regarding zoning hearing items
- Amended code regarding trellises and shade structures
- Amended code regarding school entry feature signage
- Modified site Plan for BMW, Honda and Mini
- Modified site plan and settlement with Palmer Trinity
- Modified site plan for Westminster to include 5 acre recreation field component
- Finished the Art in public places project placing the new chandelier at the entrance to village hall.
Monday through Friday (except on observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Adress & Phone Number:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
Planning & Zoning Division
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
Back to Top