Palmetto Bay is a Film-Friendly Community
Location scouts in the business of finding amazing locations for film/TV and still-photo production know that Palmetto Bay fits the bill. The Village of Parks offers a full range of backdrops for your next production including quite suburban streets, meandering canal ways, classic architecture, and unique and attractive locations -- and more -- and we are easy to work with. (If you are looking for the Village's Video-Feature Library, click here.)
Palmetto Bay Locations:
- Unobstructed bay shore vistas
- A Mediterranean mansion (unoccupied & production ready)
- Modern ballparks and playing fields
- Key-West styled cottages
- Northern-US styled municipal parks
- Tropical tree-lined avenues
- Sprawling green areas
- Quaint bicycle & pedestrian pathways
- Class-A office park settings
- Mid-Century styled suburban neighborhoods
- A commercial corridor along US-1
Palmetto Bay is a film-friendly community that has been serving the film and entertainment industry for years. But don't take our word for it, read all about how attractive Palmetto Bay is to film makers and location scouts in Miami Today. The weather is wonderful, the locations are varied, permitting is simple -- we even allow for weekend productions! So contact the Village Communications Office for a site/location visit or click below to visit the Miami-Dade Film Office for a virtual tour and for details about productions throughout the entire County:
Lights, camera, action -- but be sure to follow these simple steps to ensure a safe and professional experience:
- STEP 1: If you are planning to shoot stills, film, or video within the boundaries of the Village of Palmetto Bay, STEP 1 is to contact the Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment. (PLEASE NOTE: This step does not apply to personal-use photography). The County Film Office provides the basics required (County permitting, liability, etc.) to do production work across many municipalities -- including Palmetto Bay.
- STEP 2: Contact the Village Communications Office and or the Parks Department if your production may potentially impact public roadways. Also, if you are shooting in a Village Park, you MUST contact the Village to apply for a permit and pay applicable Village fees -- over and above any Miami-Dade County requirements.
STEP 3: Review, complete, submit the following forms as required:
►PERMIT (FACILITY RENTAL AGREEMENT) APPLICATION
►VILLAGE (PARKS) LOCATION FEES
►CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM
- STEP 4: Once Palmetto Bay permitting requirements are satisfied (only in the case of a production in a Village Park), Village staff advises the County Film Office them to proceed with their permitting process.
FILM & VIDEO PRODUCTION CONTACTS:
► Dee Belz / Jeannie Lisenby, Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment (305-375-3288)
► Bill Kress, Village Communications Manager (305-259-1239 / 305-763-2429)
► Vanessa Binns, Village Program & Events Supervisor (305-234-6383)
Review Palmetto Bay's Ordinance regarding its interlocal agreement with the Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment.
Review Miami Today, featuring Palmetto Bay's relationship with the Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment.
Back to Media Center