Palmetto Bay is a Film-Friendly Community
Location scouts in the business of selecting amazing locations for film/TV and still-photo production know that Palmetto Bay fits the bill. The Village of Parks offers a full pallette of backdrops for your next production including quite suburban streets, meandering canal ways, classic architecture, and unique and attractive locations -- and more -- and we are easy to work with. (By the way, if you are looking for the Village's video-feature library, you're close -- click here!)
Palmetto Bay Locations:
- Unobstructed bay shore vistas
- A Mediterranean mansion (unoccupied & production ready)
- Modern ballparks and playing fields
- Key-West styled cottages
- Northern-US styled municipal parks
- Tropical tree-lined avenues
- Sprawling green areas
- Quaint bicycle & pedestrian pathways
- Class-A office park settings
- Mid-Century styled suburban neighborhoods
- A commercial corridor along US-1
Palmetto Bay is a film-friendly community that has been serving the film and entertainment industry for years. The weather is just right, the locations are here, permitting is simple -- we even allow for weekend productions! So contact the Village Communications Office for a site/location visit or click below to visit the Miami-Dade Film Office for a virtual tour or for details about productions throughout the entire County:
Lights, camera, action -- but be sure to follow these simple steps to ensure a safe and professional experience:
- STEP 1: If you are planning to shoot stills, film, or video within the boundaries of the Village of Palmetto Bay, STEP 1 is to contact the Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment. This County office provides the basics required (County permitting, liability, etc.) to do production work across many municipalities -- including palmetto Bay -- in the metropolitan area.
- STEP 2: Contact the Village Communications Office and or the Parks Department if your production may potentially impact public roadways. Also, if you are shooting in a Village Park, you MUST contact the Village to apply for a permit and pay applicable Village fees -- over and above any Miami-Dade County requirements.
STEP 3: Review, complete, submit the following forms as required:
►PERMIT (FACILITY RENTAL AGREEMENT) APPLICATION
►VILLAGE (PARKS) LOCATION FEES
►CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM
- STEP 4: Once Palmetto Bay permitting requirements are satisfied (only in the case of a production in a Village Park), Village staff advises the County Film Office them to proceed with their permitting process.
FILM & VIDEO PRODUCTION CONTACTS:
► Dee Belz / Jeannie Lisenby, Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment (305-375-3288)
► Bill Kress, Village Communications Manager (305-259-1239 / 305-763-2429)
► Mary Fernandez, Village Program & Events Supervisor (305-234-6383)
Review Palmetto Bay's local government Ordinance regarding its interlocal agreement with the Miami Dade Office of Film & Entertainment.
Back to Media Center