The Village of Palmetto Bay has an approved ordinance concerning garage sales within Village boundaries. The ordinance provides the rules and regulations for garage sales, including number of sales allowed per year, number and placement of advertising signs among others. See the Rules and Regulations section of this page for additional information.
Garage sales in Palmetto Bay must be permitted. Applying for a permit is quick, simple and free of charge. Owners wishing to have a garage sale must submit a permit application to the Department of Planning and Zoning.
Permitted garage sales may be advertised on the Village web site prior to your sale day, as a free service to Palmetto Bay residents. We must receive your application by 3 p.m. on the WEDNESDAY prior to the scheduled garage-sale date in order to be included in the weekly website listing (which is compiled and posted each Friday). You may even submit your notice a couple weeks in advance, if you wish.
Garage sale applications may continue to be accepted and processed through noon Friday, but you will not receive a free posting here on the website. Descriptions of items are taken directly from the application and are therefore listed exactly as they appear on the application.
Garage Sale Shopping Tips
Veteran garage-sale enthusiast Judy Jones shares tips on how to make your next garage sale experience easier, safer, smarter, and more enjoyable -- whether you're the buyer or seller. Visit "Keepin' Up With the Jonses" for more.
POSTED EVERY FRIDAY BY 5 P.M.
April 30, 8am
13705 Farmer Rd
Clothes, tools, furniture and electronics
April 30, 9am-3pm
13995 SW 72 Court
Hunting/Camping gear, bike, scrapbooking supplies, electric expresso machine, glass top computer table, small work tools, sizzix system $ 100 = die cuts, electronics, sinks & lighting fixtures, girls tween/teen clothes, girls room décor, small furniture pieces, no early birds!
April 30, 8am-2pm
8401 SW 142 Street
ESTATE SALE, Clothes, baby clothes, pictures tools, motorcycle, wall unit, pachinko, motor for garage door, queen bed frame, baby swing, clay pots, baby bouncer
April 30, 8am-11am
7695 SW 143 Street
Clothes, kids clothes, toys, shoes, coffee table, frames and kitchen items
April 30, 7:30am-11:30am
15770 SW 88 Avenue
Furniture, clothes, electric, books, office supplies, toys and household items
April 30 & May 1, 8am-4pm
9011 SW 164 Street
Livingroom & dining room furniture, lamps, clothes, books, household items and much more
April 30, 8am-2pm
9375 SW 178 Terrace
May 8, 6:30am-1pm
7790 SW 139 Terrace
Household items, furniture (area rugs)kitchen items, tables, lamps, living room (sofa and love seat)
May 7, 8am-12pm
8920 SW 160 Street
Boys bedroom furniture, clothes and other home goods
- Definition: A garage sale means the sale of personal property at the property on which the sale is occurring. The term shall include, but not be limited to, "lawn sale," "yard sale," "estate sale" or "rummage sale."
- Number of Sales: Each single-family homeowner, multifamily residence building or charitable, civic, educational, or religious organization is permitted 4 garage sales per calendar year (January-December.)
- Time: Garage sales may only take place during daylight hours.
- Permit Required: Prior to holding a garage sale, the property owner or tenant shall obtain a permit. *If a tenant applications for garage sales must be accompanied by the written permission of the property owner.
- There shall be no fee for the permit. Merchandise: Merchandise to be sold at a garage sale shall have been previously used or crafted and not belonging to a business entity.
- Merchandise Display: Merchandise to be sold at a garage sale shall be displayed in a garage, carport, private driveway, or yard. Merchandise shall not be displayed on public right-of-way or swale area. All items must be removed by the end of the last day of the sale.
- Signs: up to 4 signs providing directions to a garage sale are permitted to be placed off-site from the location of the garage sale 2 signs advertising a garage sale are permitted to be displaced on private property where the garage sale is bring held, signs advertising a garage sale shall not be displayed until the first day of the sale and shall be removed at the end of the last day of the sale, signs shall not be larger than 22 inches by 28 inch; signs shall include the property address of the garage sale and the garage sale permit number.
Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 E. Hibiscus St.
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
e-mail: Planning & Zoning Dept.