POSTED EVERY FRIDAY BY 5 P.M.
January 14, 2017 Time 8am-3pm
13825 SW 83 Court
Household goods, Lladro, precious moments, kitchen goods, glassware, furniture, clowns, etc
January 14 & 15, 2017 Time 8am-2pm
8440 SW 151st Street
January 14, 2017 Time 7am-12pm
15223 SW 81 Avenue
Clothes, toys, appliances, furniture, kitchen items and baby equipment
January 14, 2017 Time 8am-12pm
15440 SW 82 Avenue
Children’s toys and clothing, household items and Christmas decorations
January 14, 2017 Time 8am-12pm
8225 SW 164 Terrace
Clothes, household items
January 14, 2017 Time 7:30am-12pm
18003 SW 89 Place
Household goods, silver trays, crystal bowls, sofa, clothes, toys (girls and boys), books, tools and holiday decor
Garage Sales Rules & Regulations
- Definition: A garage sale means the sale of personal property at the property on which the sale is occurring. The term shall include, but not be limited to, "lawn sale," "yard sale," "estate sale" or "rummage sale."
- Number of Sales: Each single-family homeowner, multifamily residence building or charitable, civic, educational, or religious organization is permitted 4 garage sales per calendar year (January-December.)
- Time: Garage sales may only take place during daylight hours.
- Permit Required: Prior to holding a garage sale, the property owner or tenant shall obtain a permit. *If a tenant applications for garage sales must be accompanied by the written permission of the property owner.
- There shall be no fee for the permit. Merchandise: Merchandise to be sold at a garage sale shall have been previously used or crafted and not belonging to a business entity.
- Merchandise Display: Merchandise to be sold at a garage sale shall be displayed in a garage, carport, private driveway, or yard. Merchandise shall not be displayed on public right-of-way or swale area. All items must be removed by the end of the last day of the sale.
- Signs: up to 4 signs providing directions to a garage sale are permitted to be placed off-site from the location of the garage sale 2 signs advertising a garage sale are permitted to be displaced on private property where the garage sale is bring held, signs advertising a garage sale shall not be displayed until the first day of the sale and shall be removed at the end of the last day of the sale, signs shall not be larger than 22 inches by 28 inch; signs shall include the property address of the garage sale and the garage sale permit number.
For complete details about garage sales in the Village of Palmetto Bay, see the Village's approved ordinance.
Garage sales in Palmetto Bay must be permitted. Applying for a permit is quick, simple and free of charge. Owners wishing to have a garage sale must submit a permit application to the Department of Planning and Zoning.
Applications are available online or at Village Hall, and completed applications may be faxed, mailed or dropped off in person.
Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 E. Hibiscus St.
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
e-mail: Planning & Zoning Division
Permitted garage sales may be advertised on the Village website prior to your sale day, as a free service to Palmetto Bay residents. We must receive your application by 3 p.m. on the WEDNESDAY prior to the scheduled garage-sale date in order to be included in the weekly website listing (which is compiled and posted each Friday). You may even submit your notice a couple weeks in advance, if you wish.
Garage sale applications may continue to be accepted and processed through noon Friday, but you will not receive a free posting here on the website. Descriptions of items are taken directly from the application and are therefore listed exactly as they appear on the application.