Miami-Dade County's Department of Solid Waste provides garbage, bulky trash pick-up, and recycling collection services, including electronic equipment recycling, for all homes in Palmetto Bay. Garbage collection occurs twice a week, with recycling once per week. Services are offered on all holidays, except:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
Inquiries should be directed to the Solid Waste Management Department on the applicable Miami-Dade County website link below to see the pick-up schedule and other important information for each service listed:
- General Inquiries: Customer Service 311 or 305-468-5900 or click here for Automated Garbage & Trash Collection
- Recycling Services: Customer Service 311 or 305-468-5900 or click here for Recycling
- Bulky Trash Pick-Up: Customer Service 311 or 305-468-5900 or click here for Bulky Trash Pick-Up
If you have additional bulky waste (household trash, trees and yard cuttings and up to one cubic yard of construction and demolition debris) that needs to be disposed, you can always transport it to the Neighborhood Trash and Recycling Center located at 9401 SW 184 St. in the Village of Palmetto Bay. Trash and Recycling are open daily from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For more information regarding your scheduled garbage pickup or to schedule a trash pickup, contact Miami-Dade County via phone at 3-1-1 or visit the Miami-Dade County Solid Waste Management Department website. To report an unusual odor or other environmental concerns, please call the Miami-Dade County Department of Environmental Resources Management 24 hour emergency hotline at (305) 372-6955.