The Village Clerk is one of the three Chartered positions in the Village. The Village Clerk is appointed by the Village Council and reports to the Village Council. The Village Clerk serves as secretary for the Village Council and of the Municipal Corporation. In March of 2003, Meighan J. Alexander, CMC, officially became the first Village Clerk for Palmetto Bay.
The responsibilities of the Village Clerk in the Village of Palmetto Bay are as follows:
- Gives notice of all Council meetings to its members and the public, and shall maintain an accurate record of all Council proceedings;
- Maintains the seal of the Village and attest the Mayor’s or the Manager’s signature, as the case may be, on all documents;
- Serves as the municipal Supervisor of Elections;
- Administers the publication of the Village Code and Charter;
- Maintains custody of the Village’s vital records including agreements, contracts, minutes, ordinances, proclamations, and resolutions;
- Functions as the Information Technology Coordinator; and
- Manages all Public Information Requests.
Meighan Alexander is highly qualified with a BA in English from Florida International University, holds a Microsoft Certified Professional Certificate (MCP), and achieved the nationally accredited status of Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC). With mroe than 15 years of municipal experience, she has past experience as Clerk of the City of Florida City and the City of North Bay Village. Additionally, she served as first Acting Clerk for the then-newly incorporated City of Miami Gardens and for the Town of Cutler Bay. She also served as Interim Clerk to provide service to the Town of Miami Lakes during its 2004 election. Mrs. Alexander is a member of the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC), Florida Association of City Clerks (FACC), Miami-Dade County Municipal Clerks Association, and Florida Records Management Association (FRMA). She was officially hired in 2003 as has served as the Clerk for the Village since its inception.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, excluding holidays.
Phone: 305-259-1234 / Fax: 305-259-1290
Notices of all meetings can be found on the calendar section of the "Home" page and details of all meetings can be found on the Public Meetings page.