The Village Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Village. In this capacity, the Village Manager is responsible for all village personnel and oversees the operations of all Village departments, which include the following: Planning & Zoning, Code Compliance, Building & Capital Projects, Human Resources, Parks & Recreation, Finance, Police, Public Information, and Public Works.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
The Village Manager is a charter officer and is selected and confirmed by a majority vote of the Village Council. The Manager is accountable to the Council and is responsible for carrying out policies adopted by the Council. To that extent, the Village Manager must attend all council meetings and may participate in discussion and provide guidance as appropriate. Additionally, the Manager is authorized to execute contracts and other documents on behalf of the Village as directed by Council and is responsible for administering Village contracts and coordinating Council directives and policies regarding consultants and advisors. It is the manager's duty to:
- Provide strategic direction to all Village departments emphasizing on the Palmetto Bay approach to government and sound fiscal management.
- Establish a municipal environment that promotes efficiency and Excellence in Community Service through the retention of qualified employees and contracting of specialized consultants.
- Continue to cultivate an organizational philosophy that promotes excellence in government, promotes public awareness, and ensures the participation of Village residents in government decisions.
- Maintain a competent and skilled workforce by offering competitive benefits and in-house training.
- Enhance employee productivity by motivating and rewarding employees through performance recognition and miscellaneous incentives programs.
- Adequately fund and implement programs intended to ensure the safety and enhance the quality of life of all Village residents.
Mr. Williams brings extensive experience and talent to the Village. His past experience includes more than 20 years in several positions of increasing responsibility with the City of Miami, and seven years with the Miami-Dade County Transportation Administration. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the University of West Florida.
In his service as Village Manager, Mr. Williams is tasked with the responsibility of implementing the official policies of the Village Council and coordinating services to meet the needs of all who live, work, and play in the Village of Palmetto Bay. He and his professional staff provide support, guidance, communications, and leadership to assure that quality municipal services are provided to all members of our community.
FY 2010-11 Adopted Operating and Capital Budget
FY 2009-10 Adopted Operating and Capital Budget
FY 2008-09 Adopted Operating and Capital Budget
FY 2007-08 Adopted Operating and Capital Budget
FY 2006-07 Adopted Operating and Capital Budget
FY 2005-06 Adopted Operating and Capital Budget
2010 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2009 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2008 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2007 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2006 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2005 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2004 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report