Be a 'Friend of Thalatta' on the Village's Newest Advisory Board
An advisory board is now forming to provide fundraising efforts for the Thalatta Estate. The membership would consist of five (5) members. Please consider the following board qualifications before completing an application:*
- Knowledgeable in grant writing, have a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising;
- Has previously held a position on a non-profit board and held responsibilities relating to raising funds for the non-profit; or
- Has run a non-profit organization.
- Shall not serve on more than one other non-profit board.
The duties of the Advisory Board are proposed as follows:
- Review and propose fundraising events consistent with the Village Council's vision for Thalatta Estate.
- Issue a recommendation to the Village Council for the development of fundraising events or grant opportunities for Thalatta Estate.
- Deliver an annual report to the Village Council.
- Screen grant or fundraising proposals and provide recommendations to the Village Council.
The Village Manager shall oversee financials of the approved events to be sponsored by the Village for fundraising events or grant opportunities. All approved fundraising events should be coordinated by the Village’s Parks and Recreation Director, or designee. The Advisory Board has no authority to contract, or spend funds. The Village Manager shall handle all expenditures under $5,000 and the Village Council shall decide all expenditures over $5,000 with a recommendation from the Advisory Board.
*Be sure to read the entire application for further detail on qualifications and membership.
Call the Village Clerk's office for information: 305-259-1234.
Back to Advisory Boards page