Vice Mayor of Palmetto Bay John DuBois
Town Hall Meeting... Vice Mayor John DuBois hosted a Town Hall Meeting at Village Hall, July 21, featuring former County Commissioner Lynda Bell who provided residents with a "State of District 8" overview. JUL 21, 2014
"Informal Meeting" ... Vice Mayor John DuBois called for an Informal Meeting on May 13 to discuss lighting throughout the Village of Palmetto Bay; and settlement with Palmer Trinity School. MAY 13, 2014
"Good Gov't" Training ... Vice Mayor John DuBois is one of 18 public officials now participating in “Leaders of Excellence” that provides a “nuts and bolts” perspective on government, offered through former County Commissioner Katy Sorenson's Good Government Initiative. See news coverage, too. OCT 16, 2013
Vice Mayor John DuBois is a businessman, civic leader, and philanthropist who has spent his entire career in the Telecommunications industry. In 2008, he founded Eyecast, a cloud-based Video Surveillance company and is currently the President and CEO. Vice Mayor DuBois moved from Virginia to Palmetto Bay in 2001, just one year prior to Village incorporation. Mr. DuBois attended American University in Washington, D.C.. where he earned a B.S. in Economics and Business Administration and Master of Science in Technology of Management. Mr. DuBois spends a great deal of his personal time helping the homeless with his work at Camillus House and with the medically indigent through his work at Camillus Health Concerns. Recreational interests include tennis, skiing, and wine tasting. Mr. DuBois is also an ISA Certified Arborist.
Vice Mayor DuBois has served on the board of directors and advisory boards of many companies, charities, and institutions including several years on the Board of the Deering Estate Foundation in Palmetto Bay and on the Palmetto Bay Tree Advisory Committee. He is currently involved with the following entities;
- Member, Board of Directors Camillus House (8 years) the largest service provider to the homeless in Miami.
- Member Camillus House finance committee.
- Member, Board of Directors Miami-Dade County Office of Economic Development and International Trade.
- Advisory Board, Educate Tomorrow which provides foster care children who age out of the system with education and life skills training.
- Member, Board of Directors of Camillus Health Concerns which provides health services to those who cannot afford medical treatment.
- Chairman, Camillus Health Concerns finance committee.
Cell: 786-888-4000 (text messaging not available)