SURF & TURF ZUMBA & KAYAK WORKOUT SERIES- ENDS SEPTEMBER 17
Get in shape with a dynamic and fun 2-hour workout, where participants use Latin-influenced music and kayaks to burn calories at the beautiful Coral Reef Park (1 hour of Zumba and 1 hour of kayak exercises). Bring your buddy, kids and partners and have fun with us! Pre-registration is required. Click here for more information.
RESPONSIBLE GARDENING LECTURES- ENDS SEPTEMBER 17
Palmetto Bay will be hosting several, free responsible gardening lectures at Thalatta Estate. Learn how to make organic soil from your own kitchen & yard waste. Advance registration is required.
GET FIT PALMETTO BAY CONTINUES THROUGHOUT 2016
Get Fit Palmetto Bay,” a year-long program focused on wellness, nutrition, and fitness, is up and running! Congratulations to our Mayor's Fitness Challenge winners: top female - Jacqueline Leon & top male - Ahmad Tavakoly. Check out our list of upcoming events.
ENJOY "YOGA BY THE BAY", FREE OF CHARGE FROM MAY TO SEPTEMBER
Calling all yogis: Beginning in May, Yoga By The Bay will be free through September. for yogis. Registration is required, be sure to check out all of the other wonderful programs we are offering. APR 11, 2016
See the Parks Calendar below for additional educational and recreational programs available at your Village parks.
Parks & Recreation Archives
Please click on the park name below to learn more about each Village park:
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park & Amphitheater
- Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room (available for rentals)
- Palmetto Bay Branch Library
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
See our Facility Rentals page for a quick guide on park areas and facilities available for event and party rentals.
Visit the Palmetto Bay Branch Library webpage for hours and other information about the Palmetto Bay Library site which is part of the Miami-Dade County Library System.
For park photography & film information and guidelines, please visit the Media Center.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
- Organize and implement special events, home games and tournaments in our park facilities and village-wide.
- Seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in-house/outsourced recreational programming for youth, adults and seniors.
- Encourage the cooperation between the Village and neighborhood schools regarding use of respective recreational facilities.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; including delivery of services; strategic expenditures and opportunities to increase revenues.
- Maintain a high level of park maintenance with well trained and motivated staffing and effective maintenance programs.
- Expand the park system by identifying potential properties for to acquire for recreational purposes.
- Continue to assess park amenities for possible upgrades to be presented via the Capital Improvement Program
- Current Fee Schedule: Film and Photography Fees
- Current Fee Schedule: Park Facility Rental
- Park Rules & Regulations Ordinance
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday through Friday (except observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT: Park hours vary by facility. Please contact the park directly for park operating hours.
ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
STAFF & PARKS DIRECTORY:
- Fanny Carmona, Director
- Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
- Saylin Paez, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Nick Perez-Cubas, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Marty Tejeda, Park Supervisor
- Colin Wells, Park Supervisor
Back to Top
Back to Homepage