“Get Fit Palmetto Bay 2017” is a year-long series of events, programs, and seminars focused on wellness, nutrition, and fitness, including the Mayor's Fitness Challenge. The Village has partnered with other organizations to bring you a holistic program, full of informative seminars and fitness programs.
Check out Upcoming Special Fitness and Wellness Events that are part of the Get Fit Palmetto Bay 2017 Program.
A comprehensive quarterly guide containing information about each park in Palmetto Bay, recreational and sports programs, after-school and youth programs, park rental information and special events. Don't miss a beat with our "Play by Play" Recreation Guide.
See what the Village's Parks & Recreation Department is bringing to you this month:
Please click on the park name below to learn more about each Village park:
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park & Amphitheater
- Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room (available for rentals)
- Palmetto Bay Branch Library
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
See our Facility Rentals page for a quick guide on park areas and facilities available for event and party rentals.
Visit the Palmetto Bay Branch Library webpage for hours and other information about the Palmetto Bay Library site which is part of the Miami-Dade County Library System.
For park photography & film information and guidelines, please visit the Media Center.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
- Organize and implement special events, home games and tournaments in our park facilities and village-wide.
- Seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in-house/outsourced recreational programming for youth, adults and seniors.
- Encourage the cooperation between the Village and neighborhood schools regarding use of respective recreational facilities.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; including delivery of services; strategic expenditures and opportunities to increase revenues.
- Maintain a high level of park maintenance with well trained and motivated staffing and effective maintenance programs.
- Expand the park system by identifying potential properties for to acquire for recreational purposes.
- Continue to assess park amenities for possible upgrades to be presented via the Capital Improvement Program
Parks Master Plan (plan divided in sections below due to document size)
- Parks Master Plan Part 1- Introduction & Community Surveys
- Parks Master Plan Part 2- Coral Reef, Palmetto Bay & Perrine Wayside Parks
- Parks Master Plan Part 3- Ludovici & Thalatta Estate Parks
- Parks Master Plan Part 4- Comprehensive Plan & Goals, Objectives & Policies
- Parks Master Plan Part 5- Parks Master Plan Resolutions
- Film & Photography Fee Schedule
- Park Rental Fees
- Park Rules & Regulations Ordinance
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday through Friday (except observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT: Park hours vary by facility. Please contact the park directly for park operating hours.
ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
STAFF & PARKS DIRECTORY:
- Fanny Carmona, Director
- Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
- Saylin Paez, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Nick Perez-Cubas, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Marty Tejeda, Park Supervisor
- Colin Wells, Park Supervisor
Back to Top
Back to Homepage