Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, directing, and administering all activities related to our parks system and recreation programming, special events, and community outreach programs.
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Park
- Facility (Party) Rentals
- Forms and Documents
- Park Rules and Regulations
KICK BALL LEAGUE ESTABLISHED FOR ADULT MEN & WOMEN
An adult co-ed Kick Ball League is now forming at Palmetto Bay Park. Entry fee is $300 per team, players must be 21 or older, 15 players per team (at least 4 women). For information or to register a team, please contact Park Supervisor Marty Tejeda or call 305-251-2751. SEP 30, 2014
HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA CHOSEN IN RESIDENT MOVIE NIGHT SURVEY
Thanks for participating in our survey to "Pick the Flick" for Halloween Movie Night Event at Coral Reef Park on Oct. 31. We look forward to a great night out with family and friends. Event also includes a trick-or-treating and costume contest. Vendors must complete a registration and fee form soon to be included in the event. OCT 31, 2014
TENNIS PLAY DAY AT CORAL REEF PARK, OCT. 8
Hit with the latest Wilson "Spin Effect" racquet (or racket, whichever spelling you prefer) at the Oct. 8 Tennis Play Day at Coral Reef Park, 5:30 - 8:30 pm. Free demo event for Juniors and Adults requires advance registration: Contact USPTA-PTR Pro Kara Borromeo (305-807-4943) or Lee Pettis (305-807-1491). Also see Facebook. OCT 08, 2014
GARDENING WORKSHOP REGISTRATION OPEN FOR OCTOBER
Residents are encouraged to sign up now for the final Responsible Gardening Workshop of the season at Thalatta Estate, Oct. 10. Learn about composting, with Village resident and Master Gardener Terri Stephen in partnership with UF/Miami-Dade County Extension. See photos. OCT 10, 2014
Back to Home
Nature Program Summary ... Nature Postings, one of our program providers issued this summary of activities related to: Nature Afloat Program, Family Kayak Adventures, and Summer Camps. SEP 15, 2014.
Coral Reef Park Video ... Palmetto Bay's Village parks video series launched last fall with a destination piece on Coral Reef Park. Narrated by Summer Camp Counselor Neal Simmons, the Ludovici Park feature is set for a January release. See photos recently shot during production. JAN 4, 2013
Thalatta Estate Website ... If you like Thalatta Estate Park, now you may really "Like" it. The Facebook was been created to showcase our beautiful natural park and many of the events there. NOV 14, 2012
BIKE305 Initiative ... Palmetto Bay is one of several municipalities partnering with Miami-Dade's Bike305 Initiative -- a fun, healthy way to explore and connect with neighboring communities. Read more. MAR 15, 2013
Meditation Garden ... The Ken Robinson Meditation Garden at Coral Reef Park is the perfect venue to host a small wedding or reception -- or simply to meditate. Contact us or call 305-234-6383. JAN 4, 2013
Free Community Room ... Nonprofits, charitable organizations, and community groups may host free meetings in the Edward & Arlene Feller Community Room (EAF). Read this ordinance. For info, availability, or an application contact us in writing or call 305-259-1234. JUN 14, 2012
Back to Top
Please click on the park name to explore each facility.
- Coral Reef Park (51.3 acres)
- Palmetto Bay Park (19.6 acres)
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Park
- Ludovici Park (Miami-Dade Public Library / Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room & Amphitheater)
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. To that extent, the Department directs and coordinates the installation and maintenance of park facilities including park structures and landscaped areas in the parks, prepares bid specifications and project cost estimates for park maintenance outsource contracts, and administers all aspects of said contracts.
The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs.
The specific goals of the Department are to:
- Enhance parks safety and security during special events, home games, tournaments and before and after hours.
- Seek professional development for Director in all aspects of municipal government and continue to grow all parks and recreation personnel.
- Enhance recruitment of professional parks and recreation staff.
- Continue to seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in house recreational programming.
- Explore best practices to efficiently and fiscally operate and manage multiple concessions.
- Continue to enhance parks grounds & turf using professional in house staff, developing specific maintenance programs.
- Continue to support Village “Green Initiatives” through commitment to environmental education and conservation.
- Continue to promote and require attendance of management personnel to attend state and national conferences to keep up with certifications and industry initiatives.
- Continue to encourage the cooperation between the village and neighborhood schools.
- Continue to seek innovative and creative ways to improve on operations & expenditures, and look for ways to increase revenue.
- Continue to work with Public Works, PIO, and Police to enhance, promote and protect our park facilities.
- Promote and enhance communications emphasizing the importance of prioritizing and time management.
- Continue to work with contractors/vendors to enhance and repair park facilities.
Village Department of Parks & Recreation (305) 259-1234
Fanny Carmona, Director
Josie Bober, Administrative Assistant
Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
Valentin Garcia, Grounds/Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Park Supervisor-Coral Reef Park
Luis “Marty” Tejeda, Park Supervisor-Palmetto Bay Park
- Party rental information: visit Facility Rentals
- Contact information: Park Program providers/vendors
Back to top