CAMPING IN THE PARK AND MOVIE NIGHT 2017
Coral Reef Park | February 4 though 5 | 11 am
Camping in the Park & Movie Night is back for its second year in Palmetto Bay. The Village is excited to announce that this free, family-friendly, overnight adventure will take place Saturday, February 4 - Sunday, February 5 at Coral Reef Park. Registration is mandatory for overnight campers only. Please be sure to read our Camp Night rules & regulations for more information.
SPACE IS LIMITED. Registration is open through February 2nd.
RUN, WALK AND STROLL 2K FOR CEREBRAL PALSY
Coral Reef Park | Saturday, February 25 | 4 - 8 pm
Voices for Cerebral Palsy, also known as Samantha's Purpose, is a non-profit charitable organization with a mission to increase awareness and understanding about Cerebral Palsy and to bring families and community members of all abilities together. At the end of the event, participants will enjoy a Kids Activity Area and learn about resources available through local vendors. Food and beverage trucks will also be onsite. The event will conclude with a family-friendly movie feature shown on an oversized movie screen. Registration is required and includes a t-shirt and participation medal. A portion of the proceeds from this event will be used to fund our sensory gardens and swings to benefit individuals with disabilities at Coral Reef Park.
Don't miss this family-friendly event. Registration is open through February 21st.
GET FIT PALMETTO BAY 2017
Various Locations & Programs | Year-Long Program | Various Times
“Get Fit Palmetto Bay 2017” is a year-long series of events, programs, and seminars focused on wellness, nutrition, and fitness, including the Mayor's Fitness Challenge. The Village has partnered with other organizations to bring you a holistic program, full of informative seminars and fitness programs.
Check out Upcoming Special Fitness and Wellness Events that are part of the Get Fit Palmetto Bay 2017 Program.
A comprehensive quarterly guide containing information about each park in Palmetto Bay, recreational and sports programs, after-school and youth programs, park rental information and special events. Don't miss a beat with our "Play by Play" Recreation Guide.
See what the Village's Parks & Recreation Department is bringing to you this month:
Please click on the park name below to learn more about each Village park:
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park & Amphitheater
- Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room (available for rentals)
- Palmetto Bay Branch Library
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
See our Facility Rentals page for a quick guide on park areas and facilities available for event and party rentals.
Visit the Palmetto Bay Branch Library webpage for hours and other information about the Palmetto Bay Library site which is part of the Miami-Dade County Library System.
For park photography & film information and guidelines, please visit the Media Center.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
- Organize and implement special events, home games and tournaments in our park facilities and village-wide.
- Seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in-house/outsourced recreational programming for youth, adults and seniors.
- Encourage the cooperation between the Village and neighborhood schools regarding use of respective recreational facilities.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; including delivery of services; strategic expenditures and opportunities to increase revenues.
- Maintain a high level of park maintenance with well trained and motivated staffing and effective maintenance programs.
- Expand the park system by identifying potential properties for to acquire for recreational purposes.
- Continue to assess park amenities for possible upgrades to be presented via the Capital Improvement Program
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday through Friday (except observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT: Park hours vary by facility. Please contact the park directly for park operating hours.
ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
STAFF & PARKS DIRECTORY:
- Fanny Carmona, Director
- Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
- Saylin Paez, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Nick Perez-Cubas, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Marty Tejeda, Park Supervisor
- Colin Wells, Park Supervisor
Back to Top
Back to Homepage