Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, directing, and administering all activities related to our parks system and recreation programming, special events, and community outreach programs.
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
- Facility (Party) Rentals
- Forms and Documents
- Park Rules & Regulations
PARKS EVENTS CANCELED DUE TO STORMY WEATHER
Due to heavy rains on Friday and the impact of Tropical Storm Erika over the weekend, several Park events have been canceled, including Friday's "School's in Session Carnival," the Tropical Flowering Tree Society Installation at the Ken Robinson Mediation Garden (re-set for Sept. 12), and Sunday's Kayak Adventure out of Thalatta Estate. AUG 27, 2015
SUMMER CAMP SURVEY -- THANKS FOR INPUT
Thanks for taking part in our Summer Camp Satisfaction Survey -- to win a really "cool" prize. Participants who took the survey and who agreed to subscribe to our Village e-newsletter were automatically entered into a drawing to win a Miami-Marlins Backpack Cooler. Winners of the survey, which ended Aug. 7, will be notified by Aug. 14. AUG 14, 2015
PARK EVENTS COORDINATOR FEATURED IN COMMUNITY NEWS
Events Coordinator Saylin Paez is front-page news in Palmetto Bay News (June 9, 2015). She joined Village Parks & Recreation staff in January 2015 and hit the ground running coordinating and promoting the myriad events hosted in our Village Parks System. Contact Saylin for sponsorship info, too. JUN 9, 2015
Back to Home
July Fourth Event... More than 8,500 fireworks spectators joined us during our Independence Day Celebration in Downtown Palmetto Bay, July 4. They also enjoyed great food, music, and games and contests. JULY 4, 2015
Summer Registration ... Join us weekly Camp Palmetto Bay and Tennis Camp -- at Coral Reef Park. Register for Camp Palmetto Bay. Register for Tennis Camp. Both camps started June 8 but run through August. Call Village Hall now for details at 305-259-1234. See promotional video. MAY 4, 2015
Education Series ... The last in a Spring series of Educational Lectures, "Natives for Your Neighborhood," took place May 21. Details on all Thalatta Estate programming -- as well as booking information for your next big affair, is on our Thalatta events website. MAY 14, 2015
Playing Field Sod ... The southern-most playing field at Coral Reef Park is now up to par with the rest of CCP, as the the "green" space between the tennis courts and SW 152 St. has been re-sodded. APR 25, 2015
Earth Day 2015 ... Earth Day is so big in Palmetto Bay it takes a full week to celebrate. Villagers enjoyed a wide range of green activities, free to the public. See more on the "Village Green" website. APR 19, 2015
Service Animals ... Other than Perrine Wayside Dog Park, domestic pets are not allowed in our parks – with the exception of service animals that to accompany with disabilities. Please be patient if our staff must ask you, however, as there have been multiple abuses of the ADA law. NOV 06, 2014
Coral Reef Park Video ... Palmetto Bay's Village parks video series launched last fall with a destination piece on Coral Reef Park. Narrated by Summer Camp Counselor Neal Simmons, the Ludovici Park feature is set for a January release. See photos recently shot during production. JAN 4, 2013
Thalatta Estate Website ... If you like Thalatta Estate Park, now you may really "Like" it. The Facebook was been created to showcase our beautiful natural park and many of the events there. NOV 14, 2012
BIKE305 Initiative ... Palmetto Bay is one of several municipalities partnering with Miami-Dade's Bike305 Initiative -- a fun, healthy way to explore and connect with neighboring communities. Read more. MAR 15, 2013
Meditation Garden ... The Ken Robinson Meditation Garden at Coral Reef Park is the perfect venue to host a small wedding or reception -- or simply to meditate. Contact us or call 305-234-6383. JAN 4, 2013
Free Community Room ... Nonprofits, charitable organizations, and community groups may host free meetings in the Edward & Arlene Feller Community Room (EAF). Read this ordinance. For info, availability, or an application contact us in writing or call 305-259-1234. JUN 14, 2012
Back to Top
Please click on the park name to explore each facility.
- Coral Reef Park (51.3 acres)
- Palmetto Bay Park (19.6 acres)
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
- Ludovici Park (Miami-Dade Public Library / Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room & Amphitheater)
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. To that extent, the Department directs and coordinates the installation and maintenance of park facilities including park structures and landscaped areas in the parks, prepares bid specifications and project cost estimates for park maintenance outsource contracts, and administers all aspects of said contracts.
The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs.
The specific goals of the Department are to:
- Enhance parks safety and security during special events, home games, tournaments and before and after hours.
- Seek professional development for Director in all aspects of municipal government and continue to grow all parks and recreation personnel.
- Enhance recruitment of professional parks and recreation staff.
- Continue to seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in house recreational programming.
- Explore best practices to efficiently and fiscally operate and manage multiple concessions.
- Continue to enhance parks grounds & turf using professional in house staff, developing specific maintenance programs.
- Continue to support Village “Green Initiatives” through commitment to environmental education and conservation.
- Continue to promote and require attendance of management personnel to attend state and national conferences to keep up with certifications and industry initiatives.
- Continue to encourage the cooperation between the village and neighborhood schools.
- Continue to seek innovative and creative ways to improve on operations & expenditures, and look for ways to increase revenue.
- Continue to work with Public Works, PIO, and Police to enhance, promote and protect our park facilities.
- Promote and enhance communications emphasizing the importance of prioritizing and time management.
- Continue to work with contractors/vendors to enhance and repair park facilities.
Village Department of Parks & Recreation (305) 259-1234
Coral Reef Park
Luis “Marty” Tejeda, Park Supervisor
Palmetto Bay Park & Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
Paul Di Muont, Park Supervisor
Valentin Garcia, Grounds/Facility Maintenance Supervisor
- Party rental information: visit Facility Rentals
- Contact information: Park Program providers/vendors
Back to to