Palmetto Bay's Play-by-Play Recreation Guide
Check out our Village of Parks Play-by-Play Recreation Guide for October-December.
Ongoing Programs Offered at Our Parks:
Palmetto Bay Outdoor Family Adventures
From kayaking to birdwatching, Palmetto Bay has it all! Learn more about the awesome Outdoor Family Adventures taking place throughout the year. To register and for more information, please visit the Nature Postings website.
Pine Rockland Cleanup
Are you a student and in need of community service hours or just looking to volunteer in helping us restore a Pine Rockland Preserve area? This clean-up includes removal of debris, loose clippings and removal of any invasive species of plants inside the park’s Pine Rockland Preserve area. To volunteer please register here.
GET FIT PALMETTO BAY CONTINUES THROUGHOUT 2016
Get Fit Palmetto Bay,” a year-long program focused on wellness, nutrition, and fitness, is up and running! Congratulations to our Mayor's Fitness Challenge winners: top female - Jacqueline Leon & top male - Ahmad Tavakoly. Check out our list of upcoming events.
ENJOY "YOGA BY THE BAY", FREE OF CHARGE
Calling all yogis: Beginning in October, Yoga By The Bay will be free through September 2017. for yogis. Registration is required, be sure to check out all of the other wonderful programs we are offering. Sep. 27, 2016
Please click on the park name below to learn more about each Village park:
- Coral Reef Park
- Ludovici Park & Amphitheater
- Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room (available for rentals)
- Palmetto Bay Branch Library
- Palmetto Bay Park
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
See our Facility Rentals page for a quick guide on park areas and facilities available for event and party rentals.
Visit the Palmetto Bay Branch Library webpage for hours and other information about the Palmetto Bay Library site which is part of the Miami-Dade County Library System.
For park photography & film information and guidelines, please visit the Media Center.
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
- Organize and implement special events, home games and tournaments in our park facilities and village-wide.
- Seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in-house/outsourced recreational programming for youth, adults and seniors.
- Encourage the cooperation between the Village and neighborhood schools regarding use of respective recreational facilities.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; including delivery of services; strategic expenditures and opportunities to increase revenues.
- Maintain a high level of park maintenance with well trained and motivated staffing and effective maintenance programs.
- Expand the park system by identifying potential properties for to acquire for recreational purposes.
- Continue to assess park amenities for possible upgrades to be presented via the Capital Improvement Program
- Current Fee Schedule: Film and Photography Fees
- Current Fee Schedule: Park Facility Rental
- Park Rules & Regulations Ordinance
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday through Friday (except observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT: Park hours vary by facility. Please contact the park directly for park operating hours.
ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
STAFF & PARKS DIRECTORY:
- Fanny Carmona, Director
- Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
- Saylin Paez, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Nick Perez-Cubas, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Marty Tejeda, Park Supervisor
- Colin Wells, Park Supervisor
Back to Top
Back to Homepage