CAMPING IN THE PARK REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
"Camping in the Park & Movie Niight" event will be taking place February 6th-7th at Coral Reef Park. The event features lots of camping activities, two feature films, kayak adventures, and much more! Registration is closed but we encourage you to join us for our scheduled activities. FEB 05, 2016
ARTSOUTH PRESENTS VALENTINE'S DAY WINE GLASS PAINTING PARTY
Your special someone will enjoy drinking out of this personalized piece of art, made with love. The Painting Party will be held on Wednesday, February 10 at 7 pm at Thalatta Estate. RSVP is required, please click here more for details. JAN 22, 2016
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR PADDLE ADVENTURES AT THALATTA!
Palmetto Bay has partnered with the Deering Estate to offer a series of recreation programs like paddle adventures, bird watching, tours, and much more at various locations. More information will soon follow, but registration is now open for all programs. Paddle Adventures along Biscayne Bay takes place the last Sunday of the month at Thalatta Estate. JAN 29, 2016
OPEN MIC NIGHT COMING TO PALMETTO BAY
Got something to sing, song or voice? Open Mic Night is your chance to show Palmetto Bay what you got! Join us on Friday, February 19 at 7 pm at Ludovici Park. Don't forget to bring your blankets and chairs, it's sure to be a great show! Please note that space is limited, click here to register. JAN 22, 2016
SUNDAY BIKE RIDES WITH MAYOR FLINN, FEBRUARY 7TH
Join Mayor Flinn on Sunday, February 7th at 7:30 am for the third bike ride in the "Sunday Bike Rides with the Mayor" series. Four bike rides have been scheduled, part of the Mayor's Fitness Challenge, a component of the Village's Get Fit Program 2016. For more information, please visit the "Get Fit Palmetto Bay" page. JAN 22, 2016
GET FIT PALMETTO BAY FOR HEALTH & WELLNESS AWARENESS
“Get Fit Palmetto Bay,” a year-long program focused on wellness, nutrition, and fitness, is up and running! We are officially in the third week of the Mayor's Fitness Challenge and hope that you're staying on target with your goals to "Get Fit." Check out our list of upcoming events that are sure to keep you on track. JAN 10, 2015
AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS NOW OFFERED
The Village of Palmetto Bay parks & Recreation department proudly announces its Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 line-up of After School Programming at Coral Reef Park. Read more here to get details about everything from Zumba and soccer, to volleyball and educational exploration programs. NOV 01, 2015
Back to Top
South Motors Site Plan Includes New Park ... Council approved a South Motors site plan that modernizes its existing facility, and adds a new veterans park to the Village. Council approval at the Dec. 14 Zoning Hearing brings additional parkland and a contribution of $95,000 for park construction. The BMW/Honda property gets new showrooms and service facilities Read more. DEC. 14, 2015
Color Run Benefits Palmetto Sr. High ... Thanks for joining us Nov. 7 for Palmetto Bay’s Twilight Color Run. Participants were sprayed at color stations with the same type of colored powder used in the Indian celebration of Holi. Proceeds benefit Miami Palmetto Sr High’s 2015 capital improvements. See photos on Facebook. NOV 7, 2015
Thank you to all who attended Costume & Cocktails ...The party was held on Halloween Night 2015 at the Thalatta Estate Haunted Mansion. Guests enjoyed a frighteningly fun night of great food, dancing and a few scares! Read more about our Costumes & Cocktails party here. OCT 31, 2015
Halloween Movie Night a huge success ... Kids of all ages brought their scary and silly costumes to Coral Reef Park, Oct. 30, to watch The Book of Life and enjoy some treats. Residents voted for The Book of Life above other movie choices, including: Haunted Mansion, Hocus Pocus Corpse Bride, Hocus Pocus, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Read more about the Halloween Party in the Park. OCT. 30, 2015
Tennis Pros Honored for Volunteerism ... Kara Borromeo and Leroy Pettis, Palmetto Bay's resident pros at the Coral Reef Park Tennis Center, are the co-recipients of the August 2015 “Volunteer of the Month” award for volunteering their time to junior tennis players in the Miami area, and their support of Junior Team Tennis and Team Tennis Challenges. AUG 27, 2015
Parks & Recreation News Archive
Parks Programs & Community Events Calendar - February 2016
Please click on the park name below to access its webpage.
- Coral Reef Park (51.3 acres)
- Palmetto Bay Park (19.6 acres)
- Perrine Wayside (Dog) Park
- Thalatta Estate Park
- Ludovici Park (Miami-Dade Public Library / Arlene & Edward Feller Community Room & Amphitheater)
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs. The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
- Organize and implement special events, home games and tournaments in our park facilities and village-wide.
- Seek sponsorships and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.
- Expand in-house/outsourced recreational programming for youth, adults and seniors.
- Encourage the cooperation between the Village and neighborhood schools regarding use of respective recreational facilities.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; including delivery of services; strategic expenditures and opportunities to increase revenues.
- Maintain a high level of park maintenance with well trained and motivated staffing and effective maintenance programs.
- Expand the park system by identifying potential properties for to acquire for recreational purposes.
- Continue to assess park amenities for possible upgrades to be presented via the Capital Improvement Program
- FEE SCHEDULE: Park Facilities and Photography Fees
- ORDINANCE: Park Rules & Regulations
- PERMIT APPLICATION - Facility Rental Agreement
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday through Friday (except observed holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT: Park hours vary by facility. Please contact the park directly for park operating hours.
ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS:
Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
STAFF & PARKS DIRECTORY:
Facility Rentals (party rental information)
- Fanny Carmona, Director
- Kirk Hearin, Parks & Recreation Manager
- Saylin Paez, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Nick Perez-Cubas, Events & Programs Coordinator
- Marty Tejeda, Park Supervisor
- Marty Tejeda, Park Supervisor
Back to top
Back to Home page