Mission: To provide quality services in all aspects of Human Resources and retain a cohesive team of qualified employees that will promote the Village’s organizational values.
Palmetto Bay is a vibrant community in South Miami-Dade County, known for its lush, tree-lined neighborhoods, exceptional public schools, untouched natural habitats and beautiful parks! Our goal is to continue to enhance the quality of life for all residents, while preserving the positive attributes of this great community. To accomplish this, we count on our employees' commitment and their embracing of our organizational goals and philosophy.
Our team is diverse and energetic, and we take great pride in achieving quality in everything we do. Our employees are expected to do their best in their work assignments, to be regular in their attendance, and to respect the rules, regulations and policies of the Village. We aim to establish an efficient government organization which promotes high quality municipal services, by attracting and maintaining a highly motivated and well-trained professional Village staff. Our organizational philosophy is founded on the belief that Palmetto Bay truly reflects the best of South Florida’s past, present and future.
The Village of Palmetto Bay was incorporated in 2002.
TAKE AN AERIAL TOUR OF PALMETTO BAY
"Come Fly With Us," an aerial-tour video of Palmetto Bay, serves as an introduction to our beautiful community. You may also find other information, resources, and more video features about the Village on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Defined-contribution Retirement Plan (401a)
- IRA/ Roth IRA Accounts
- Deferred Compensation Plan - 457
- Medical, Dental & Life insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 125 Flexible Benefit Plan (annual open enrollment)
- Tuition Assistance Program
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Palmetto Bay. Please take time to read the information provided below before you begin your application process.
- Candidates interested in applying for an open position, must complete and submit a Village of Palmetto Bay Employment Application.
- You may download an application form from this website, or pick one up in person at Village Hall located at 9705 East Hibiscus Street, Palmetto Bay, Florida 33157.
- Resumés can be attached to the application, but please note that resumés will NOT be accepted in lieu of an Employment Application.
- Please make sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.
- Complete the application form in its entirety; incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Type or print "Not Applicable" or "N/A" for questions that do not apply.
- Applications will only be accepted until 5:00pm, local time, on the closing date posted on the job announcement and/or website. Late applications will not be considered.
- Submit your original application in person or via US mail to:
Human Resources Department
Village of Palmetto Bay
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
FAXED AND/OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION.
Applicants considered for employment must complete all pre-employment requirements established by the Village of Palmetto Bay, which include but are not limited to a written examination, oral interview(s), drug screening, driver's license check, and a complete background investigation, including but not limited to prior employment history, criminal records check, and a personal credit report review.
Applicants interested in a Parks & Recreation position which is assigned to one or more park facilities will be subject to the criminal background requirements of the Shannon Melendi Act, Village Ordinance Number 08-10. A copy of the ordinance may be obtained by clicking here or by calling Village Hall at 305-259-1234.
Please read the Veterans' Preference Section if you are claiming Veterans' Preference.
Although every attempt will be made to correspond with individual applicants, a response is not guaranteed. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, information concerning the status of applications will not be provided via telephone.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Village to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels, employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. All employment decisions will be made in accordance with the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Florida has very broad public records laws. Documents provided to the Village of Palmetto Bay are covered by Florida Public Records Law and are available to the public and the media upon request.
The Village of Palmetto Bay is a drug-free workplace. Therefore, employment offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a drug screening, which is be part of the background check process.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
The Village of Palmetto Bay does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices. If you need auxiliary aids or any ADA accomodation, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
If you have additional questions, please call 305-259-1234 or send an email to email@example.com
Please click on the job title for the job description and salary range information:
BUS OPERATOR (PT); POSITION CLOSED
SR. TENNIS CAMP COUNSELOR; Position Closing Date: May 1, 2015
JR. TENNIS CAMP COUNSELOR; Position Closing Date: May 1, 2015
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Please review the "Applying for a Job" section above before submitting an application.
Veterans' Preference Information
In accordance with Section 55A-7 of the Florida Administrative Code, the Village of Palmetto Bay will extend appointment and retention preference for certain eligible positions to any veteran or the spouse of any veteran who:
- has not been classified by any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States as a deserter; or
- has not received a discharge under less than honorable conditions upon separation from the Armed Forces.
- is a resident of the State of Florida.
If you are claiming Veterans’ Preference, please make sure to do the following:
- Complete and submit the Village of Palmetto Bay Veterans' Preference Claim Form with your Employment Application
- Submit an original or a certified copy of your DD214 form, or other acceptable documentation with your Employment Application.
Preference cannot be given to applicants who do not submit the required documentation.
Monday through Friday (except legal holidays)
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Employment Application
- Veterans' Preference Claim Form (must include with application if claiming Veterans' Preference)
- Ordinance 08-10
About Human Resources
The Department of Human Resources functions as an administrative and advisory department concerning matters related to personnel. The department is primarily responsible for the recruitment and retention of qualified employees, the administration of compensation and benefits, training and professional development and compliance with regulatory laws relative to labor compliance.
- Maintain a qualified workforce by offering competitive benefits and providing opportunities for professional development.
- Implement a fair and competitive compensation program.
- Ensure compliance with applicable personnel and labor laws and regulations.
- Support the policies established in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Advise Village departments of newly adopted labor policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Provide Village employees with continued in-service programs intended to enhance professional growth.
For inquiries, please call 305-259-1234 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Village of Palmetto Bay
Department of Human Resources
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157