Spanning more than 50 acres, Coral Reef Park offers open green spaces, pinelands preserve areas, and the tranquil streaming canal. It is a central location for playing, walking, reading, relaxing, and picnicking. Residents also flock here for beach volley ball, tennis, baseball, a boundless playground, exercise trail, and abundance of indigenous birds and other wildlife. Enjoy a quick refreshment or meal under the shady pavilion of the Parkside Café, or an exercise class inside the air-conditioned recreation room. Coral Reef Park hosts free outdoor movies for residents throughout the year and offers a tennis program and lessons by tennis pros.
Coral Reef Park
7895 SW 152nd Street - Location Map
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
- Beach volleyball courts
- Baseball/softball/football fields
- Beach Volleyball Courts
- Covered Playground
- Exercise Stations (feature video)
- Gazebo/Bandshell (available for party rentals)
- LEED-certified concession stand
- Natural Pinelands Preserve
- Open Play Areas
- Outdoor Picnic Areas (available for party rentals)
- Racquetball Courts
- Recreation Room (available for party rentals)
- Tennis Center
- The Ken Robinson Meditation Garden & Gazebo
- Walking/Jogging/Bicycle Path (feature Video)
Areas available for parties/ events rentals at Coral Reef Park and read the "Making a Reservation" section for reservation information and instructions:
- *Enclosed, air-conditioned area in proximity to the playground
- *Accomodates up to 70 people
- *View a map of the area
- *See more pictures of the recreation room
- *Tree-shaded open picnic areas on the west and the east side of the park
- *Rental Fees include 8 Picnic Tables and BBQ Grills
- *View a map of the area
- *See more pictures of the tree hammock areas
- *Covered gazebo close to the east side parking lot (SW 77 Ave entrance)
- *Accomodates up to 30 people
- *View a map of the area
- *See more pictures of the new gazebo/ bandshell
*Events may be scheduled anytime between 10 am and Sunset.
- Call the friendly staff at Coral Reef Park, 305-235-1593, or email the Park Supervisor to confirm availability (or feel free to call Village Hall at 305-259-1234).
- Visit the park in person to complete the Rental Form and pay the required rental deposit and/or fee. Please note that reservations are not confirmed until payment has been received. See "Methods of Payment Accepted" for payment information.
- Confirm that your vendor (bounce house, cotton candy, entertainment, etc...) is registered with the Village (see Vendor Registration Requirements.)
- Review the Rules and Regulations for information concerning general park rules.
- All reservations are on a first pay/first serve basis. Reservations may be made for any period that the facility is available but not more than three months in advance. Only one rental per person/entity per month.
- No refunds will be made unless notice is received at least two weeks in advance. All cancellations will be subject to a service fee.
- No unauthorized vending. The sale of any merchandise and/or services is expressly forbidden. Where tickets are used to obtain meals, beverages or services, the sale of same cannot be made in the park.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or gambling in any form are prohibited.
- Animals, including dogs on/off leashes (except in designated dog park), petting zoos, pony rides and magician rabbits are prohibited in the park.
- Music, in any form, must comply with park rules and regulations. DJs, amplified music and public address systems are not permitted.
- Parking shall be confined to designated areas. Parking in unauthorized areas when loading and un-loading will be subject to towing/and or ticketing. NO PARKING OR BLOCKING OF SIDEWALKS, ROADWAYS AND PEDESTRIAN ENTRANCES.
- No smoking or use of tobacco allowed on park premises
- No charcoal or gas grills may be brought on park premises.
- No motorized vehicles.
- Single standing picnic tables are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Special parties involving the use of outside vendors (e.g., bounce house) require reservations, permit fees, and proof on insurance. Please inquire.
- The participant shall observe, obey and comply with all applicable city, county, state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while using batting cages.
- The playground is for children under the age of 12; a parent or adult guardian must supervise all children. User assumes all risk in use of the site and shall be solely responsible and answerable for damages for all accidents and injury to person or property and hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and keep harmless the Village and their officers and employees from any and all claims, suits, losses, damage or injury to person or property. Insurance requirements will be at the Park Manager’s discretion.
- The Parks and Recreation Director or her designated representative may cancel or revoke the permit with or without cause; waive the requirements of the rules and regulations; or, in the public interest, make additional conditions regarding the use of Village buildings and grounds.
- When vacated, the facility shall be returned in the same condition as received. The security deposit will be forfeited for any damage, vandalism, missing equipment, failure to clean up after use, or failure to comply with rules and regulations.
- Wall décor and Official Village framed photographs may not be removed from the walls.
- Violation of rental policies may result in a one year ban or prohibition on use of park facilities.
See Parks Rules & Regulations Ordinance for additional information.
The Parks and Recreation Department accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cash (no bills higher than $20)
- Personal Checks
- Money Orders
- *American Express
Payments are also accepted at the Tennis Window at Coral Reef Park, Monday-Friday from 8 am to 12 pm and again from 3 pm to 9 pm. Saturdays and Sundays, payments can be made at the Tennis Window from 8 am to 8 pm.
Personal checks or money orders may be mailed to the Village of Palmetto Bay, 9705 East Hibiscus Street, Palmetto Bay, FL 33157. Cash or credit card payments must be made at the Cashier's Office located on the first floor of Village Hall.
If you prefer to pay using one of the major credit cards listed above, a 2.25% processing fee applies.
The Village requires all vendors who will provide services at any of its facilities to be registered in advance. Registration requirements are provided below:
- *Original Certificate of Insurance naming the Village of Palmetto Bay as an additional insurer for $1 million dollars.
- Copy of Business Tax Receipt (Occupational License).
*Please make sure your business phone number is indicated somewhere as the Certificate of Insurance does not list this information.
Back to Top
Back to Parks Main Page