Dog Park Hours Adjusted ... The Parks & Recreation today announced that starting April 15, 2013, hours of operation at Perrine Wayside Dog Park will be 8 am to sunset, rather than sunrise to sunset. Please pass the word to your fellow Dog Park enthusiasts -- and to your dog! And remember to visit us on the Dog Park Facebook. APR 9, 2013
Discover Perrine Wayside Park ... The Village video feature library keeps growing, with the introduction of the latest in a series of videos showing off all the features of Palmetto Bay's amazing Parks system. Watch "Discover Perrine Wayside Park," now. FEB 25, 2013
Park Closes for Maintenance ... Perrine Wayside Dog Park closes for a brief time every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month -- until just noon. That gives us a chance to tidy up a bit, do some pest control, make the place generally more enjoyable for your next visit to this award-winning park. MAY 15, 2012
Dog Park Facebook ... Palmetto Bay is an animal loving community. That's why we have introduced a Dog Park Facebook so residents may share their common interests, comments, news -- even lost & found postings in the event you lose your pet -- or find a stray. We love cats on this Facebook, too. So don't pussy foot around the idea of posting news and information about your cats -- all are welcome!
Something to Bark About ... Miami New Times named Perrine Wayside the Best Dog Park in Miami in 2010 -- a fact many of our residents have known for many dog years! In fact, the esteemed newspaper with incredibly good taste, called it "The grrrrreatest dog park in Miami-Dade." Find this major 2010 announcement tucked in between Miami's "Best Party of the Year" award and the "Best Cheap Thrill."
This unique wayside park is located on South Dixie Highway (U.S. 1) south of 164th Street. Perrine Wayside is a lushly-landscaped, 3-acre dog-oriented family park where "all" members of the family, including the family dogs, can relax and enjoy the park atmosphere. The newly-enhanced facility features separate areas for small and large dogs with an attractive gazebo, new park furniture, and a large lake where your pooch can take a cool dip. The Park also offers the following bark-worthy amenities:
- Perimeter walking path and perimeter fence
- Pet Water Fountains
- Park furnishings with gazebo/pavilion
- Ample parking areas and easy-to-read Signage
- Keep gates closed at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering/exiting park.
- Dogs must be removed from the park at the first sign of aggression.
- Female dogs in heat and puppies under 4 months of age are not allowed on premises.
- Owners must remain inside with leash, within view and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- No more than 3 dogs per person and must be accompanied by person 18 years or older.
- Children and infants must be kept under strict supervision.
- Dogs must be legally licensed, have current vaccinations and shall wear a visible license tag.
- Smoking, glass containers and edible items are not permitted in the park.
- Owners are responsible for any damages to park and/or other dogs.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up and disposing of dog waste in designated containers.
- Use park at your own risk. Village of Palmetto Bay shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog at this park.
All rules governing Village Parks apply. Ordinance 07-16
Perrine Wayside hours (effective 4/15/13): 8 am to sunset
(closed 2nd & 4th Tuesday each month until noon for scheduled maintenance)
- Village Department of Parks & Recreation: (305) 259-1234
- Parks & Recreation Staff Email
Back to Top
Back to Parks Main Page