Business Improvement Program
About the Business Improvement Grant Program
The Village of Palmetto Bay's Business Improvement Grant Program offers assistance to qualified businesses and commercial properties in Palmetto Bay in order to stimulate and incentivize private sector investment, beautification, economic growth, and job creation and retention in the Village.
To improve the appearance and assist in the sustainability efforts of business facilities within the Village of Palmetto Bay.
- Reimbursement up to 50% of total eligible improvement costs
- Up to $2,500 per property
The program provides financial assistance for the following improvements:
- ADA Improvements (Exterior)
- Painting and Façade Improvements
- Wall Signage
- Surface Parking/On-Site Walkways
- Landscape/Xeriscape (in-ground/permanent)
- Bicycle Facilities
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
DISCLAIMER: Please note that a grant application should not be considered an application for a building permit. For more info, please visit the Building Department.
Conditions for Automatic Disqualification
- Businesses that relocate out of the district during the process.
- Must not have delinquent loan (s) and/or unresolved liens.
- Must not have an active violation from the Village for the work to be funded by the grant.
- Construction must not have begun on the work to be funded by the grant.
- Applications submitted before or after the advertised grant cycle will not be eligible.
- Business must be located in Palmetto Bay
- Grants are for exterior improvements to business throughout the Village commercial districts. Home-based businesses are not eligible.
- Submit one completed original application with all requested documentation.
- Include three estimates for the improvement.
- Provide proof that the business has been operating for the past 1 year, (example: License, State Corporations, Sales Tax, or utility bill.) Proof must be in business’ name (include copy only).
- Must submit a current Local Business Tax receipt.
- Must submit printed copy of your active State of Florida Corporation Or Fictitious Name if business is incorporated (sunbiz.org).
- Must submit picture of the façade of the business location.
- Must submit renderings of the proposed improvement project, if applicable.
- Must provide copy of picture ID (driver’s license, Florida ID, or Immigration card) of owner.
- A physical address is required. No P.O Box as mailing address allowed.
- Grant application must be submitted during the application cycle and before the deadline, to the Community and Economic Development Office along with all required documentation, including project plans and three (3) quotes for the specific job scope.
- Application will be reviewed by the Economic Development division
- Additional submittal documents may be requested upon review of the application.
- Applicant will be informed of the approval or denial of the application in writing.
- If the application is approved, the applicant must obtain all applicable building permits and approval from Building Department and authorities having jurisdiction, as well as pay applicable fees.
- Applicants must submit a Final Payment Request including façade improvement project expenditures, applicable building permits and proof of final inspection to the Economic Development division for reimbursement.
- The grant funds will be issued upon completion of the approved improvements as stipulated in the grant agreement, pending approval of the final inspection by the Building Department and authorization by the Village Manager.
Grant Application and Deadline
The application period opened on May 4, 2022 and closes on August 31, 2023. To be considered, grant applications must be submitted by close of business on August 31, 2023.