Palmetto Bay façade Improvement Grant Specifics
The program provides financial assistance for the following external “facelift” improvements:
- Walls/Fencing/Railings *
- ADA improvements *
- Pedestrian amenities *
- Windows/Doors *
- Awnings/Canopies *
- Painting (no Building permit required)
- Detached monument signs (Planning/Zoning review required)
- Sidewalks/Surface Parking * (Public Works permit required)
* May require Miami-Dade Fire & other outside agency review/ Applicant is responsible for all permits required*
Please note that a grant application should not be considered an application for a building permit. For more info, please visit the Building Department.
Conditions for automatic disqualification
- Businesses that relocate out of the district during the process.
- Must not have delinquent loan (s) and/or unresolved liens.
- Must not have an active violation from the Village for the work to be funded by the grant.
- Construction must not have begun on the work to be funded by the grant.
- Applications submitted before or after the advertised grant cycle will not be eligible.
All businesses must be located in Palmetto Bay and provide the following:
- Submit one completed original application with all requested documentation.
- Include three estimates for the improvement. (One must be from a Palmetto Bay registered contractor)
- Provide proof that the business has been operating for the past 1 year, (example: License, State Corporations, Sales Tax, or utility bill.) Proof must be in business’ name (include copy only).
- Must submit a current Local Business Tax receipt.
- Must submit printed copy of your active State of Florida Corporation Or Fictitious Name if business is incorporated (sunbiz.org).
- Must submit picture of the façade of the business location.
- Must submit renderings of the proposed façade improvement project.
- Must provide copy of picture ID (driver’s license, Florida ID, or Immigration card) of owner.
- A physical address is required. No P.O Box as mailing address allowed.
- A pre-application meeting with the staff liaison is required. Please contact Maria Pineda at MPineda@palmettobay-fl.gov or Morelia Rodriguez at MRodriguez@palmettobay-fl.gov
- This grant application shall be submitted during the application cycle, before deadline, to the Community and Economic Development Office along with all required documentation including project plans and three (3) quotes outlining specific job scope.
- Application will be reviewed by the Economic Development division and scored by a committee appointed by the Village Manager (Palmetto Bay Economic Task Force).
- Additional submittal documents may be requested upon review of this application.
- Applicant will be informed of the approval or denial of this application in writing.
- If the application is approved, the applicant must then obtain all applicable building permits and approval from Building Department and authorities having jurisdiction, as well as pay applicable fees.
- Applicants must submit a Final Payment Request including façade improvement project expenditures, applicable building permits and proof of final inspection to the Economic Development division for reimbursement.
- The grant funds will be issued upon completion of the approved improvements as stipulated in the grant agreement, pending approval of the final inspection by the Building Department and authorization by the Village Manager.
façade Improvement Grant Application
General description of proposed improvement:
Painting and Façade Improvements
Detached monument signs
Application must be accompanied by three (3) quotes, (1) must be from a registered village contractor outlining specific job scope.
This is matching grant up to $2,500 value per business.
Signature of Property Owner_________________________________________________________
Print Name of Property Owner________________________________________________________
A RESOLUTION OF THE MAYOR AND VILLAGE COUNCIL OF THE VILLAGE OF PALMETTO BAY, FLORIDA, RELATING TO THE FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM; PROVIDING FOR IMPLEMENTATION; PROVIDING FOR SERABILITY, AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE. (Sponsored by Administration and Councilman Patrick Fiore)
WHEREAS, The Village of Palmetto Bay Façade Improvement Grant Program offers assistance to qualified businesses and commercial properties along the US1corridor in Palmetto Bay in order to stimulate and incentivize private sector investment, beautification, economic growth and job creation and job retention in the Village; and
WHEREAS, the Grant will assists in improving the appearance of the building facades within the Village’s business district; and
WHEREAS, all Grant funding is provided as a competitive reimbursement process; and
WHEREAS, all applicable businesses will be completing an application and must adhere and comply with the Palmetto Bay Façade Program Specifics (attachment A) in order to qualify; and
WHEREAS, reimbursement up to 50% of the façade improvement costs, up to $2,500 per property for façade improvements and applicable to visible buildings outside of the DUV situated along US1 major thoroughfare and program is available for large or small types of business structures and commercial properties, and;
WHEREAS, grant applications will be accepted by the Community and Economic Development office and reviewed by the Palmetto Bay Economic Task Force whose recommendations will be brought to the City Council meeting for approval.
Section 1. The Village Manager is hereby authorized to execute and implement the Palmetto Bay Façade Improvement Program
Section 2. This Resolution shall take effect immediately upon its adoption.
PASSED and ADOPTED this 4th day of February, 2019.
Attest: ______________________ _____________________ Missy Arocha Karyn Cunningham
Village Clerk Mayor
APPROVED AS TO FORM AND LEGAL SUFFICIENCY FOR THE USE
AND RELIANCE OF THE VILLAGE OF PALMETTO BAY, FLORIDA ONLY:
Dexter W. Lehtinen
FINAL VOTE AT ADOPTION:
Council Member Patrick Fiore ____
Council Member David Singer ____
Council Member Marsha Matson ____
Vice-Mayor John DuBois ____
Mayor Karyn Cunningham ____