Memorial Day Celebration 2019
About Palmetto Bay @ Deering Memorial Day Celebration
Join us on Saturday, May 25th from 10 am - 4 pm at Deering Estate for a special celebration honoring and remembering those who gave their lives for our freedom. There will be a "Parade of Flags" inside the venue, a scavenger hunt, live bands and DJ, giant board games, hours tours, "On the Bay" adventures, food vendors and much more.
FREE ADMISSION FOR:
- Village of Palmetto Bay residents (must provide ID)
- Veterans and up to five family members
- Active duty military personnel, and up to five family members (Blue Star Museums program)
- Deering Estate Foundation Members
$7 admission for non-Palmetto Bay residents, ages 4 & older.
*Proceeds benefit the Deering Estate Foundation supporting conservation, culture & community.
**All activities will have onsite registration and will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- "On the Bay" Kayak and Canoe Tours is $10 per person. CASH ONLY.
Times: 10:30 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 12:30 pm, 2 pm, and 2:30 pm.
- House Tours at 10:30 am & 3 pm (Must Sign-Up - FREE)
- Nature Hikes at 12:30 pm (Must Sign-Up - FREE)
- Tour of Contemporary Art Exhibition at 11 a.m.
- Scavenger Hunt will be ongoing throughout the day.
- Learning Booth
- Self-Guided Palmetto Bay Historical Tour
Kids Zone Activities
- Lawn Games (Giant Jenga, Connect Four, Chess, Checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe, Bean Bag Toss)
- The "Bubble Man"
Miami-Dade Police Department Honor Guard
St. Andrews Pipe & Drums
Miami-Dade Police Department Armed Forces Flag Team
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Jr. Cadet Honor Guard
Miami Palmetto Sr. High Marching Band
Food & Drinks Vendors
- Sports Grill
- Golden Rule
- Chill-N Nitrogen Ice Cream
- Village of Palmetto Bay - Get a copy of our Historical Brochure and view our 15 year Renderings Display
- Deering Estate & The Deering Estate Foundation
- Village of Palmetto Bay Veterans Task Force
- Miami International Airport - Volunteer Ambassador
- Roger Snyder-Coldwell Banker
- Preferred Claims Solutions, Inc.
The Village of Palmetto Bay Veterans Task Force will be collecting donations for the Veterans Park and for the Gold Star Family Memorials.
The American Legion Post # 133 will be selling Poppies, Pins and T-shirts.
Plan Your Visit to Deering Estate-Do's & Don'ts
We kindly ask our patrons to join us in the stewardship of Deering Estate in order to protect the natural resources and the historic buildings. Please take some time to view the link below and read over the do's and don'ts for this venue.
**Please refrain from bringing in coolers, pets, and pop-up tents. Beach and lawn chairs with built in shade canopies would be best.**
Hal Roland Jazz Band
Anthem Singer: Samantha Zaitman
This upcoming May 25th, we will be celebrating Memorial Day at Deering Estate where Samantha Zaitman will be singing the National Anthem. She will also be singing the National Anthem on the Fourth of July at Village Hall. She once again is thrilled to have been invited to sing at Palmetto Bay’s Village Hall. Samantha is a twelve year old who has been singing all of her life. She has been an active participant at her middle school in various drama musicals. Samantha has had the privilege to be invited to the Junior Thespian competition two years in a row. She has performed at the Doral Opera where she sang Hallelujah, one of her most cherished songs. She has been "singing around town" is what a friend of ours says! Relay for Life is an event that she has sang the National Anthem as well and will always be very special for her. She’s sang for Relay a few years now and will continue to always. Another unforgettable experience for her has been last years invitation to sing the National Anthem at the Homestead Air Force Base for the airshow that took place. It was such an amazing time for her. She sang the National Anthem both days Saturday and Sunday. What she enjoyed most about singing in this incredible event showcasing our talented and dedicated airmen was the fact that as she sang our National Anthem, a parachute team member (Golden Knight) was coming down from the sky where he had jumped from an airplane carrying our American flag and landed at the same time she finished the last verse of our song! That was just incredible! And she did it both days with equal precision. She was congratulated by all of the Golden Knights that were there and the team captain took off one of his stars and gave it to her. To this day she talks about that day. Singing has brought so many great opportunities to meet incredible people that do incredible things but also people behind the scenes that are also very special. Samantha is forever honored to sing the National Anthem!