- Departments & Divisions
- Building & Permitting Division
- Permits & Licenses
- Business Tax Licenses
- Commercial Properties- Local Business Tax
Commercial Properties- Local Business Tax
Obtaining A Commercial Local Business Tax License
Prior to the issuance of any Certificate of Use and Business Tax Receipt, the applicant shall comply with the following requirements:
- Complete application and submit to the Community & Economic Development for its review (New Tenant Application/No Changes). While the permit process is being reviewed, the Certificate of Use application will be assigned a process number and a processing fee will be collected by the cashier in the amount of $167.00 at the time of submittal. The Business Tax Receipt Application must be submitted at the same time for review. Additional fees may be assessed for Business Tax Receipt.
- For your fire inspection, contact Miami Dade County Fire Rescue Department at (786) 331-4800 (for faster processing, press option #2 and wait on the line for assistance. Representative will provide further instructions on how to schedule the required safety inspection). Or email at email@example.com
- Once the Certificate of Use receives a process number from the department, an email will be provided with Municipal application and link for submittal online. The applicant must complete the Miami-Dade County Municipal Application for Certificate of Use/Occupancy License (attached to this package). Environmental Resource Management aka DERM will be required.
- Once DERM has approved and has stamped the Certificate of Use application, bring it together with the approved fire inspection report, this report from Miami-Dade County Fire Department may be forward via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant may request to pick up license(s) and certificates once they are ready or specify to be sent by mail.
- As a courtesy, the Community & Economic Development suggests the applicant to contact Miami-Dade County Local Business Tax Department located in Downtown at 200 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami, Florida 33128 or www.miamidade.gov
Required ApplicationsClick links below to access the required applications. Once submitted, you will be contacted to confirm receipt and at that time you will also be informed of any missing applications or documents.
- Online Local Business Tax License Application for Commercial Properties
- Local Business Tax License Affidavit - (Please print and complete this form and upload it as a separate file to the online Local Business Tax License Application for Commercial Properties)
- Certificate of Use
For the Community & Economic Development to be able to process your Certificate of Use and Local Business Tax Receipt, it is necessary that the applications be complete and include all required attachments. During the process reviewing submitted applications, the applicant(s) may be asked to submit additional information. The Village does not guarantee a certificate or license upon submission of your application. Submission of an application for this process or a Certificate of Completion/Occupancy does not imply consent to operate your business therefore, you shall not conduct any business until a Certificate of Use and Local Business Tax Receipt is issued. The Village may not be held responsible for improvements you make at the location prior to all approvals given for the issuance of Certificate of Use and your Local Business Tax Receipt. Proper permits must be obtained for all alterations, remodeling, change of occupancy and repairs affecting the electrical, plumbing, mechanical or building structure.