Bicycle Plan & Network
Bicycle Master Plan
As a community’s population density increases, the number of short trips (those of less than ½ mile) increases. These trips can often times be made as easily by walking or bicycling rather than by driving. As a community becomes more dense, the construction of bicycle and pedestrian facilities as an alternative to automobile travel becomes more important to maintain mobility within the community. The population of Miami-Dade County is expected to exceed 3 million by the year 2025. To meet the transportation needs of individuals who walk or bike for all or a portion of their trip, the Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is planning for these types of facilities in its transportation plan. Miami-Dade County is also attempting to prepare the county for more of these trips in its Long Range Transportation Plan. The development of a Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan was initially suggested as part of the Village’s original Transportation Master Plan.
- Click here to view the Bicycle Master Plan.
Palmetto Bay and Surrounding Areas
Palmetto Bay resident and cyclist Eric Tullberg has taken the Miami-Dade County bike pathway map and updated it to help fellow bikers hit the road. Click the link below to download or view the map.
- Bicycle Network Map - SW 88th Street to SW 256 Street and from SW 137 Ave. to Biscayne Bay. The map includes the Bus Rapid Transit stops on the Transitway & the new traffic circles on Old Cutler Rd. at SW 67 Ct. & SW 67 Av., SW 152 St. and SW 184 St.
- Palmetto Bay and Nearby Parks, Wild Areas and Paths: shows all the green places in and around our Village. See map legend.
Other Nearby Networks
Please click the links below to view and/or download the maps (provided in pdf format.)
- City of Miami Network: includes the entire City of Miami, West to Krome Avenue, extending from NW 95 St. to SW 120 St. The Metrorail Stations are given two-letter identifiers so you can get on at DS and ride all over the county with your bike.
- Southern Miami-Dade County Network: includes the cities of Homestead and Florida City, from SW 240 St. to SW 376 St. and from SW 192 Ave. to the bay.
- Krome Path: extends along Krome Avenue from SW 8 St. to SW 296 St., East to SW 57 Ave.
- Downtown Miami & Brickell Network: extends from NW 17 St. To SW 26 Rd.
DISCLAIMER: the maps and information provided herein were developed as an aid to bicyclists. Bicyclists assume all risks when using the facilities shown on the map. Neither Miami-Dade County nor the Village of Palmetto Bay is not responsible for any damages arising from the use of this map. Please ride carefully.
Bicycle Safety And Laws
Here's some literature about bike safety, laws and bike paths and maps.