Downtown Palmetto Bay Code
The Downtown Palmetto Bay Code applies to a specific section of the Village. Please refer to the Downtown Sector map below to see the boundaries. The Downtown Palmetto Bay Code represents the update of the former Downtown Urban Village or DUV code adopted in 2015. The new Downtown Palmetto Bay Code was recently adopted in July 2020 and focuses on promoting and enhancing commercial and civic street activity through sufficient ground-level commercial uses. Updated requirements also promote and enhance the architectural character of the downtown district through high-quality Village design, architectural features and street connectivity.
Downtown Palmetto Bay Zoning Code Update 2020
After a series of ten(10) public workshop sessions, resident input and Village Council deliberation, the Downtown Palmetto Bay Code (Code) was adopted by the Palmetto Bay Village Council on July 28, 2020. The adoption of this Code begins a new chapter in development of Downtown Palmetto Bay.
- The Code provides regulations for development within the Village of Palmetto Bay’s Downtown District. It adopts new maximum heights within each district, new residential densities within each district and new parking requirements. These new regulations were adopted as part of the implementation for the Village's vision.
- The Code promotes a synergy between living and working environment in Palmetto Bay that will feature walkable and bikeable streets, compact mixed-use buildings, and convenient access to many services for the residents and visitors. The Code provides for an appropriate architectural scale through development standards focusing on varied building forms that respond to the individual sectors within the Downtown District.
- The Code focuses on promoting and enhancing commercial and civic street activity through sufficient ground-level commercial uses; and promotes and enhances the architectural character of the Downtown District through high-quality Village design, architectural features and street connectivity.
The adoption of this Code will facilitate Village-scale community development in Downtown Palmetto Bay. If you have any questions please send an email or call the Planning & Zoning Division at 305-259-1234.
Palmetto Bay Market Study
This market study was commissioned by the Village of Palmetto Bay to assess the economic and market conditions associated with the downtown master plan. The goal of the 2014 study was to identify the opportunity for a mixed-use development which emphasizes a sense of place and destination for the residents of the Village.
Franjo Triangle and US 1 Island District Code - 2007
The Franjo Triangle and US 1 Island (FTI) District Code was adopted in 2007 to better define the zoning requirements of the future downtown Palmetto Bay. It was Palmetto Bay's first attempt at establishing a zoning code for its US 1 and Franjo Road corridor. A charrette process was organized and concluded with the Franjo Triangle Commercial Island Charrette Report (linked below). The FTI Code was the basis of the DUV Code later adopted in 2015.
- Read the FTI District Code - 2007 (opens in Municode website)
- Franjo Triangle Commercial Island (FTI) Charrette Report - 2004