Earth Day Art Contest 2021
Contest Winner Announcement!
Congratulations to Faith Quammie, 7th grader from Southwood Middle School, for winning 1st place in the 2021 Village of Palmetto Bay’s Earth Day Art Contest! The Earth Day Art Contest opened in January 2021 to area middle schools students (grades 6-8) in Palmetto Bay and closed on February 26, 2021. A BIG congrats to Southwood Middle School Magnet Art Teachers and Administration, as this will be the 5th year in a row a student from their school wins our Earth Day Art Contest since its inception in 2017.
About the Earth Day Art Contest
Calling All Middle School (6-8 Grade) Students!
The Village of Palmetto Bay invites middle school students to be a part of the 2021 Earth Day Art Contest! The winning artwork will be displayed on the Parks & Recreation Department's Earth Day Webpage. Students are encouraged to design an original work of art depicting this year’s theme:
"RESTORE OUR EARTH"
The theme is announced annually by the Earth Day Network, which is the organizing body for Earth Day worldwide. This year's theme is based on the "emerging concept that rejects the idea that our only options to save the planet are to mitigate or adapt to the impacts of climate change and other environmental damage." To read more about this year's theme and the Earth Day Network, click here.
How to Enter
Eligible artwork includes original artwork created by a student presently enrolled in grades 6th, 7th or 8th. The artwork is to be submitted electronically prior to the contest deadline. Interested participants must first register online. To register and to enter the 2021 Earth Day Art Contest, click the link below.
***Artwork Contest Entry Deadline is Friday, February 26, 2021***
2021 Earth Day Art Contest Rules
- Entry must be original artwork created by a student who is currently enrolled in middle school (6-8 grade).
- Student must register for the contest online and electronically submit their artwork by the DEADLINE: Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Original Artwork may be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and/or tempera paint or graphically designed. Collages are also acceptable.
- Artwork should NOT display names of commercial products, companies or organizations. Artwork should also NOT display your name or school name.
- Artwork must be designed using the following dimension: 8.75” wide x 7.25” height. Click HERE to view sample cover.
- Artwork must be related to the contest theme. The theme should be exemplified on the artwork.
- Artwork entry will be done at time of your online registration. Artwork will need to be scanned/or photographed for electronic submittal (uploaded on the registration form) as a JPEG or PDF file with a resolution of 300 DPI.
- You may visit the Earth Day Network website for more information and ideas on this year’s theme. Visit https://www.earthreminder.com/earth-day-2021-theme-date-events/
- Students who do not follow the above specifications or submit artwork that is NOT original will be disqualified.
All entries shall become the sole property of the Village of Palmetto Bay. All entries will then be judged by members of the Tree Board. The winner will be announced the week of March 18th, 2021 and results will be posted on the Village of Palmetto Bay’s website and social media.
The winning school and student will be honored with a ceremonial tree planting on school grounds on Date & Time TBD in April 2021 and the winner will receive a prize and Certificate of Appreciation for the student and art teacher.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 305-259-1234.