Design Review Committee
Members Wanted for the Design Review Committee
Apply before September 13th (please scroll down for details)
Purpose of the Design Review Committee
Pursuant to Ordinance No. 2021-10, the Village of Palmetto Bay is actively seeking members to be appointed by the Village Council to serve on the Design Review Committee.
The purpose of the DRC is to create a set of standards through a guideline manual for a more effective implementation of the Village's architectural character. The Committee is to report its’ final recommendations to the Council by November 1, 2021. The manual will simplify the understanding of the key aspects of building design and highlight the important features of the surrounding community to enhance appreciation of the natural and developed environment by following a Florida vernacular concept.
- To create an architectural guideline manual regarding the design content of the buildings and facades of newly constructed buildings or buildings or facades in which fifty percent (50%) or more is being replaced (excluding single-family residences) within the Village.
- To set standards and examples for judging the compatibility of newly constructed buildings or existing buildings or facades in which fifty percent (50%) or more is being replaced (excluding single-family residences) within the Village.
- To simplify the understanding of the key aspects of building siting and design.
The Committee shall consist of five (5) Village residents, with one resident appointed by each member of the Council, one of whom is designated by the Mayor to serve as Chair of the Committee. Each member:
- Cannot be currently employed by the Village;
- Cannot be current members of any committee, board, or task force in the Village;
- Must be a licensed architect, urban planner, landscape architect, architectural historian, professional artist, faculty member of an architectural school, realtor, or builder, with no more than one profession represented on the Committee at the same time.
The Committee shall meet on the call of the Committee Chair, but in any event shall meet at least twice in the months of September and October 2021 or until reporting to the Council. The Committee's first meeting will be on September 22, 2021.
Interested residents may apply BEFORE September 13, 2021 by emailing their resume, list of qualifications and a completed Advisory Board/ Committee Application to the Village Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information and/or inquiries, please contact Missy Arocha, Village Clerk at (305) 259-1234, or via email to: email@example.com....