Camping in the Park & Movie Night 2022
We'd like to thank all who participated in this year's Camping in the Park event! To our residents, staff and sponsors, thank you for an amazing camping experience at Coral Reef Park. See you next year!
Camping in the Park is back!
February 5, 2022 starting at 10 am until Sunday, February 6, 2022, 10 am
Camping in the Park & Movie Night is back by popular demand. The Village is excited to announce that this family-friendly, overnight adventure will take place Saturday, February 5th - Sunday, February 6th at Coral Reef Park. Registration is mandatory for overnight campers only.
Please be sure to read our Camp Night rules & regulations (linked below) for more information.
What is Camping in the Park & Movie Night?
Calling all outdoor and camping enthusiasts! The most anticipated, family-friendly, overnight adventure is coming to Coral Reef Park for the Village’s Annual Camping in the Park & Movie Night. Lots of fun and interactive activities have been planned throughout the day on Saturday including a night hike, kayak adventures, animal encounter, archery, arts & crafts, camp fire, a kid's fishing tournament and much more.
Those not interested in camping will NOT be required to register and may still participate in all the scheduled activities and movies. There will be a designated area for blankets and chairs for those not staying overnight. Online registration is now open and required for all overnight campers. The fee is $20 per tent but, hurry because space is limited and registration closes on Thursday, February 3rd at 5 pm OR until capacity is reached. Onsite registration WILL NOT be available.
Food & Supplies
Remember to bring your s'mores kit, tent and camping gear and prepare for a weekend of non-stop excitement and activities at Coral Reef Park. Food trucks will also be available onsite throughout the evening selling delicious food and beverages until 10:30 pm. Check out the rules and regulations for a list of items to bring.
Participating Food Vendors
- Frankie's Pizza
- Kona Ice
- Candy Bistro
- Crepe Maker
- Q' Rico Tacos
Overnight campers will unload their camping gear first in the designated “unloading area” (along SW 77 Avenue) and then move immediately to park their cars at the other main parking lots in the park located off of SW 152 Street. Parking is available at Holy Rosary St. Richard’s Catholic Church, 7500 SW 152 Street, for patrons participating in the daytime activities happening on Saturday. No vehicles will be permitted to park in the grassy swale areas along the park overnight.
Police will be patrolling the swale areas. If your vehicle is blocking the sidewalk, you will be at risk of receiving a ticket. Please do not leave any valuables inside your car. The Village is not responsible for supervising your unattended camp area and is not responsible for any lost or stolen items/articles you leave behind.
Important Camping Event Information
- Camping Event RULES & REGULATIONS - please click on the link to become familiar with the camping rules and regulations before coming to the event.
- Schedule of Activities
- Campground Site Map
- Free "REMIND" App - Download the free REMIND App and join class @pbcamp2022 to stay informed of all that's happening for this event. This is how Park staff will communicate with you in "real time" before and during the event. It is therefore VERY important that you download the app.
- Tent Rental Packages - tents are available for rent from Nature Postings, Inc. The camping rental package is $45 and includes one two-person tent, a lantern, fire pit and s'mores. Rental packages will be available while supplies last. Please CLICK HERE to reserve your tent. IMPORTANT: Please note that registration with the Village is NOT required if you are renting a tent from Nature Postings, Inc. On the event day, you will check-in at the Nature Postings, Inc. tent to receive your wrist band. However, a tent reservation through Nature Postings, Inc. does NOT automatically enroll you to participate in the Kayak/ Stand Up Paddle activities that are offered through Nature Postings, Inc. Participation in those activities are on a first-come, first-serve basis and registration is required onsite.
Kayak Adventures and Archery
Participation on Kayak Adventures & Archery, and some other selected activities is available on a first-come, first-serve basis on the day of the event. Onsite registration is only available at the vendor's tent site.
Archery: Learn about the origins and history of archery as both a sport and tool for survival in this educational and hands-on seminar before being instructed on proper technique. After the lesson, take some practice shots at a target to test your new skills. Participants must be 9 years and older as strength and control is needed to use a bow and arrow.
Thank You Event Sponsors & Partners
We'd like to say a big THANK YOU to our event sponsors and partners. Their generous contributions allow us to bring more fun and activities to the event for our residents' enjoyment!
- Miami-Dade Police Department and Community Affairs Education Bureau
- Miami-Dade Fire Rescue
- Southwest Miami Senior High School Army JROTC Eagle Battalion Raiders Team
- Holy Rosary- St. Richard's Catholic Church
- Christ Fellowship
- Discovery Lab
- YMCA of South Dade
- Miami-Dade County Public Library System
- Deering Estate
- Boy Scout Troop # 314
- Scott Miller's Farmers Market