Recycling Drive Thru Event
Don't Throw It Out; Recycle It!
Drop off your old electronics, dispose of your household hazardous waste such as paint, batteries, and light bulbs, shred your sensitive documents, and donate gently used clothing to benefit Club Fellowship, a local nonprofit at our First Annual Recycling Drive-Thru Event!
Annual Recycling Drive-Thru Event Information
WHEN: Saturday, April 30, 2022
TIME: 10 am to 1 pm
LOCATION: Village Hall Parking Lot, 9705 E. Hibiscus Street, Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
Open to Palmetto Bay RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES only. Please be prepared to show proof of residency with your driver's license.
In addition to recycling your old electronics and disposing of household hazardous waste in an environmentally friendly manner, you can also shred any sensitive documents safely and securely onsite.
You may also drop off your used clothing .
Important Notes for the Recycling Drive-Thru Event
- The event will open promptly at 10 a.m. and close at 1 p.m.
- Attendees will not be allowed to start lining up for the event prior to 10 a.m.
- Please note: Items will not be accepted before 10 a.m. or after 1 p.m. the day of the event.
- All participants must enter the event through the Hibiscus entrance coming from the West. You will NOT be allowed to enter through the Franjo Road entrance.
- Please be prepared to show proof of Palmetto Bay residency.
- Pull up in your vehicle and staff will be on hand to help unload your items.
- Please follow the directions of the map below:
Drop-Off Area Directions and Map:
- Residents and Businesses may ONLY enter the Recycling Drive-Thru Event through the Hibiscus Street entrance (going West. )
- Once you enter, make your first right turn into the parking area and head straight where you will reach your first stop for the CLOTHING DONATIONS. Here, you are free to unload your gently used clothing that will be donated to Club Fellowship.
- Follow the parking area path to reach the location to drop off your donated PAINT RELATED MATERIALS, BATTERIES, LIGHT BULBS, AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES to be recycled.
- Continue the parking area path to reach the PAPER SHREDDING area.
- Make a slight left turn to exit the parking lot followed by a right turn heading North on the Village Hall driveway area.
- Turn right on Franjo Road to exit.
Please refer to the map below for the above-described route .
Items That Will Be Accepted
- Paper (staples and paper clips OK, just no large clips)
- File Folders
- Batteries - Ni-Cad, Alkaline, Lithium, Lead Acid
- Electronic Waste
- Paint Related Materials
- Aerosol Cans
- Men's, Women's, and children’s clothing including
***Please make sure that clothing items are only gently used***
Items That Will NOT Be Accepted
- Smoke Detectors
- Food or food containers
- Aluminum cans
- Wet paper items
- Prescription drugs
- Medical waste
- Biological/Infectious Waste (i.e., sharps)
- Radioactive Materials
- Non-Propane Cylinders
- Smoke Detectors
- Reactive Materials Requiring Stabilization
- DEA Regulated Substances
For household hazardous waste items after the April 30th Recycling Drive-Thru Event, (electronics, unbroken CFL light bulbs, paint cans, pesticides, propane tanks, pool chemicals, etc.) residents are encouraged to take items to the Miami-Dade County Home Chemical Collection Centers at the following addresses:
- West-Dade: 8831 NW 58th Street
- South-Dade: 23707 SW 97th Ave
The hours of operations for both locations are Wednesday-Sunday from 9am-5pm.
For more information, please call the Miami-Dade Solid Waste Department at 305-514-6666.