Earth Day Art Contest 2023
About Earth Day Art Contest 2023
The Earth Day Art Contest allows students in middle schools, which include grades 6th to 8th, the opportunity to express their care and concern for our planet through artwork. A theme is selected each year by the Earth Day Organization and students all over create unique designs to compliment the theme.
Palmetto Bay holds the contest locally, accepting entries online until the scheduled deadline. The contest is open to all Village of Palmetto Bay middle school students. The 2023 year theme is a continuation of last year's well received campaign, "Invest in Our Planet." More information is available on the Earth Day Org website.
The contest will close on Friday, March 10, 2023.
2023 Earth Day Art Contest Rules
Calling all Middle School (6-8 Grade) Students!
The Village of Palmetto Bay invites ALL Palmetto Bay middle school students to be a part of the 2023 Earth Day Art Contest! The winning artwork will be displayed on the Parks & Recreation Department Earth Day webpage and social media. Students are encouraged to design an original design depicting this year’s theme, a continuation of last year's well received campaign.
2023 EARTH DAY GLOBAL THEME: "INVEST IN OUR PLANET”
For more information on this year’s theme, please CLICK HERE for the Earth Day Network Press Release.
2023 Earth Day Art Contest Rules
- Entry must be original artwork created by a student who is currently enrolled in a Palmetto Bay Middle School (6-8 grade).
- Student must register for the contest online and electronically submit their artwork by the DEADLINE: Friday, March 10, 2023.
- Original Artwork may be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and/or tempera paint or graphically designed. Collages are also acceptable.
- Artwork should NOT display names of commercial products, companies or organizations. Artwork should also NOT display your name or school name.
- Artwork must be designed using the following dimension: 8.75” wide x 7.25” height. Scroll below to view sample artwork.
- Artwork must be related to the contest theme. The theme should be exemplified on the artwork.
- Artwork entry will be done at time of your online registration. Artwork will need to be scanned/or photographed for electronic submittal (uploaded on the registration form) as a JPEG or PDF file with a resolution of 300 DPI.
- You may visit the Earth Day Network website for more information and ideas on this year’s theme.
- Students who do not follow the above specifications or submit artwork that is NOT original will be disqualified.
All entries shall become the sole property of the Village of Palmetto Bay. All entries will be judged by members of the Tree Board. The winner will be announced the week of April 3, 2023 and results will be posted on the Village of Palmetto Bay’s website and social media.
The winning school and student will be honored with a ceremonial tree planting on school grounds on Date & Time TBD in April 2023 and the winner will receive a prize and certificate. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-259-1234.
Earth Day Art Contest 2022 Winner
Last year's Earth Day Art Contest Winner was Jahlil Heath, a Southwood Middle School sixth grade student. The winner and the winning school were honored with a ceremonial tree planting on school grounds. The winner received a prize and a Certificate of Appreciation presented to the student and art teacher by Mayor Karyn Cunningham.
You can appreciate Jahlil's artwork below. (Please click on the image for a larger view.)