Recycling Drive Thru Event
Become a sponsor for one of our most popular public event! Cash, in-kind donations and/or services and other types of sponsorships are accepted. To learn more, visit our Sponsorship Information page.
The deadline to submit the sponshorship form is Monday, October 2, 2023.
Bring Us Your Stuff!
Don't Throw It Out; Recycle It!
Important Notes for the Recycling Drive-Thru Event
Drop-Off Area Directions and Map:
- Residents and Businesses may ONLY enter the Recycling Drive-Thru Event through the Hibiscus Street entrance (going West. )
- Once you enter, make your first right turn into the parking area and head straight where you will reach your first stop for the CLOTHES DONATIONS. Here, you are free to unload your gently used clothing that will be donated to Club Fellowship.
- Follow the parking area path to reach the location to drop off your PAINT AND AEROSOL CANS.
- Continue forward towards the ELECTRONICS, BATTERIES, and LIGHT BULBS to be recycled.
- Continue the parking area path to reach the PAPER SHREDDING area.
- Make a slight left turn to exit the parking lot followed by a right turn heading North on the Village Hall driveway area.
- Please feel free to stop on by the Palmetto Bay Garden Club Tent before exiting.
- Turn right on Franjo Road to exit.
Please refer to the map below for the above-described route.
Items That Will Be Accepted:
- Paper (staples and paper clips OK, just no large clips)
- File Folders
- Paint-related Materials
- Batteries - Ni-Cad, Alkaline, Lithium, Lead Acid
11. Electronic Waste
- Electronic circuit boards
- Monitors Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs)
- Liquid Cristal Displays (LCDs)
- Land and cellular phones
- Any telecommunication system
- Fax machines
- Televisions (CRTs & LCDs)
- Audio & Stereo Equipment
- Any desktops and self standing equipment
- Ink cartridges
- Photo films
- Straight Spent Fluorescent Lamps up tp 8'
- U-Tube, Circular and Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL)
- Ballasts and Capacitors- both PCB and non-PCB (large and small)
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) Lamps
- High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Lamps
- Low Pressure Sodium (LPS) Lamps
- Metal Halide Lamps (MHL)
- Metal Vapor Lamps (MVL)
- Flood and Incandescent Lamps
- Mercury Containing Devices
- Aerosol Cans
- Used Car Oil
- Men's, Women's, and children’s clothing** including
** only gently used clothing
Items That Will Not Be Accepted
- Smoke Detectors
- Food or food containers
- Aluminum cans
- Wet paper items
- Prescription drugs
14. Medical waste
15. Biological/Infectious Waste (i.e., sharps)
16. Radioactive Materials
21. Non-Propane Cylinders
22. Smoke Detectors
24. Reactive Materials Requiring Stabilization
25. DEA Regulated Substances
Disposing of Hazardous Items After the Recycling Event
To dispose of household hazardous waste items such as electronics, unbroken CFL light bulbs, paint cans, pesticides, propane tanks, pool chemicals, etc..., once the recycling event has ended and throughout the year, you may take items to one of the below-listed Miami-Dade County Home Chemical Collection Centers:
- West-Dade: 8831 NW 58th Street
- South-Dade: 23707 SW 97th Ave
The hours of operations for both locations are Wednesday-Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. For more information, please call the Miami-Dade Solid Waste Department at 305-514-6666.