Business Tax Receipts (BTR)
Applying For A Local Business Tax Receipt (BTR):
Applying is easy and convenient with our new Local Business Tax Receipt (BTR) online portal. Before applying, please make sure you have the below-listed documents available in electronic format AND follow the instructions provided in the "Tips for Using the Software" section below.
1. Certificate of Use issued by the Village of Palmetto Bay
2. Miami-Dade County Business Tax Receipt
3. Corporate documents showing the Federal Identification Number and Registration as a Corporation/Fictitious name
- Proof of State of Florida Registration, such as Articles of Incorporation or Fictitious Name registration.
This information is available from the Florida Department of State - Division of Corporations.
4. State License of Certification, if applicable
5. Employer Identification Number
How To Apply
The steps for submittal are as follows:
1. Click the link below to access the Business Tax Receipt Portal:
- Fill out the form and register.
- Wait for an email with a link to click and validate your email address.
- Once your registration is approved, you will get a SECOND email that you are able to login (you will not be able to log in until you receive the second email.)
2. Once registration is approved and you are in the portal:
- Click on “Apply for License” (on the left tool bar.)
- Follow the prompts.
Tips for Using the Software
Applying is simple. Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Select Land or Location: if your parcel/folio number (without dashes) is not found, or you cannot find your business using the address or business name, please move on to Step 2
Step 2: Select Business Type: Village of Palmetto Bay
Select Subtype: Business Tax Receipt
Step 3: Business Information: fill in the required information
Step 4: Additional Contacts: this is not required, but highly recommend
Step 5: Enter required information in the fields: this is the application and all boxes must be filled out (even if N/A). Be sure to scroll down and type APPLICANT NAME and hit SUBMIT
Step 6: Upload documents
- Miami-Dade County Business Tax Receipt (Please name file: MDC BTR)
- Corporate documents showing the Federal Identification Number and Registration as a Corporation/Fictitious name (Please name file: CORP DOCS)
- Employer Identification Number (Please name file: EIN)
- Certificate of Use issued by the Village of Palmetto Bay (Please name file: Village CU)*
- State License of Certification, if applicable (Please name file: STATE LICENSE)
*If you cannot find your Village Certificate of Use (CU), don’t worry, we will take care of it.
Step 7: Make Payment: you can pay online via credit card or e-check OR you can print out your invoice and bring it to the cashier’s office located at Village Hall, Monday – Friday, from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
When the Application is Received
- Village staff will review the application and ensure all required documentation has been received.
- You will be notified via email if any information is missing.
- You will be notified by email once your application is approved and you can pay the required fee as indicated above and print out your Business Tax Receipt.
Once obtained, the Local Business Tax Receipt and the Certificate of Use must be displayed conspicuously at the place of business and in such a manner as to be open to the view of the public and subject to inspection by all duly authorized officers of the Village.
Schedule A Meeting
If you have additional questions, you may contact us at the number provided below.