Special Events - Businesses
Planning a Special Event at Your Business?
The Village of Palmetto Bay is a strong supporter of local businesses and understands the financial and community benefits derived from promotional or special events. The Village's special event guidelines ensure the safety and welfare of all participants including adjacent businesses.
Special Events are activities typically held by businesses to promote products, attract clientele, and increase sales. In most instances, special event activities attract larger than usual groups of people at once. Events such as grand openings, public promotions, Black Friday sales, a Cinco de Mayo celebration, and autograph signings and contests are all considered "special events."
In order to ensure a secure and safe event it is necessary that business owners and managers work directly with the Village so that all necessary permits, including a special event permit, are secured prior to the event. These guidelines are enforced by the Division of Code Compliance and Palmetto Bay Policing Unit.
Special Event Permitting Process
- Complete a Special Event Application (PDF) and submit the completed form to the Planning and Zoning Division at least two weeks prior to an event.
- Complete a Special Event/Banner Application (PDF) (if applicable)
- Become familiar with the requirements of the Village's noise and sign ordinances and contact the Planning and Zoning staff if you have any questions.
- Depending on size and other factors, tents and stages may require a building permit in addition to the special event permit.
- Food preparation and alcoholic beverages require additional documentation to be attached with the special event permit application.
- Note that certain rules and regulations apply to the appearance, duration, location, and size of special event banners.