Special Events/ Banner Permits
Planning a Special Event at Your Business
The Village of Palmetto Bay is a strong supporter of local businesses and understands the financial and community benefits derived from promotional or special events. Special Events are activities typically held by businesses to promote products, attract clientele, and increase sales. In most instances, special event activities attract larger than usual groups of people at once.
Examples of Special EventsBelow is a representative list of special events that a local business may organize. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If you have any questions about the Village's requirements for the next special events at your Palmetto Bay business location, please contact our Planning & Zoning division for assistance.
- Grand openings
- Public promotions
- Black Friday sales
- Cinco de Mayo celebration
- Autograph signings
- Public contests
Special Event Permitting Process During COVID-19Palmetto Bay is now accepting Special Event Banner applications. Since Village Hall is presently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interested parties may complete the online application below. Once reviewed, the approved application will be provided to you via email. Make sure to include your email and contact information in case we have any questions concerning your application.
If you have any questions, please call us at 305-259-1234.
Special Event Requirements
- Become familiar with the requirements of the Village's noise and sign ordinances and contact the Planning and Zoning staff if you have any questions.
- Depending on size and other factors, tents and stages may require a building permit in addition to the special event permit.
- Food preparation and alcoholic beverages require additional documentation to be attached with the special event permit application.
- Note that certain rules and regulations apply to the appearance, duration, location, and size of special event banners.