Registering Your Contracting Business


All contractors must be registered with the Palmetto Bay Building Division before obtaining a building permit.

In order for a contractor to register we will request valid copies of the following documents:
  • Contractor Registration Form 
  • Liability Insurance Certificate
  • Occupational License
  • Qualifier Driver's License
  • State License or Certificate of Competency
  • Workers Compensation Certificate 

Both, the Workers Compensation and the Liability insurance certificates must be sent directly from your insurance agency. The policy must also show the Village of Palmetto Bay as the certificate holder.

These documents may be sent via fax, hand-delivery, email, or U.S. mail to Village Hall.