Film Permits & Guidelines
Fees / Information
Location scouts in the business of finding amazing locations for film/TV and still-photo production know that Palmetto Bay fits the bill. The Village of Parks offers a full range of backdrops for your next production including quite suburban streets, meandering canal ways, classic architecture, and unique and attractive locations - and more - and we are easy to work with.
Location Scouting of County Facilities Notice
Please be advised that due to heightened security in light of recent events that all location scouting of Miami-Dade County Government facilities will require a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice to arrange scouting requests and an approval email will need to be carried with you at all times while scouting County Facilities. This includes interiors and exteriors of County Buildings and Facilities. This does not apply to County Parks and Beaches.
Permitting Process Made Simple
- Step 1: If you are planning to shoot stills, film, or video within the boundaries of the Village of Palmetto Bay, you must first contact the Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment. (Please note: This step does not apply to personal-use photography). The County Film Office provides the basics required (County permitting, liability, etc.) to do production work across many municipalities - including Palmetto Bay.
- Step 2: Contact the Village Communications Office and or the Parks Department if your production may potentially impact public roadways. Also, if you are shooting in a Village Park, you must contact the Village to apply for a permit and pay applicable Village fees - over and above any Miami-Dade County requirements.
- Step 3: Review, complete, submit the following forms as required:
- Cash (no bills higher than $20)
- Personal Checks
- Money Orders
- *American Express
- Sandy Lighterman, Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment
- Saylin Paez, Events & Programs Supervisor
Forms of Payment Accepted
Village of Palmetto Bay
9705 E Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
Cash or credit card payments must be made at the Cashier's Office located on the first floor of Village Hall. *A 2.25% processing fee applies to online credit card payments.