Community Room Fee Waiver
Administrative Fee Waiver for Not-for-Profit and Community Groups
Pursuant to Ordinance No. 2012-12, the Village of Palmetto Bay is providing Nonprofit organizations or Community Groups with the complimentary use of the Edward and Arlene Feller Community Room. For information, availability, or a waiver-form application, please contact us via email or by calling the Parks division at 305-259-1234.
- The Community Room can only be used for up to a cumulative of ten (10) hours a week total by community groups or non-profit organizations.
- Feller Community Room, the organization or group will be required to pay the full rental amount.
- A request for waiver of the rental frees must be issued and received at least ten (10) days prior to the requested day of use.
- Should the nonprofit organization or community group utilizing administrative waiver conduct a fund raising activity in the Edward and Arlene
- Use of the Community Room is limited to once per week by nonprofit organizations and community groups who are seeking use through administrative waiver of rental fees.
- The Village Manager shall review the request for administrative waiver of rental fees for non-profits and community-based groups and determine if the request is accompanied by appropriate documentation to support the request.
- Village use of the Community room has priority for room usage over any nonprofit organization or community group.
In order to apply:
- Confirm that date is available, and that the 10 hour maximum allotment has not been used up for that week. (a week is considered Saturday to Friday)
- Visit the Palmetto Bay Municipal Center at 9705 on E Hibiscus Street 305-259-1234 to fill out an original application form.
- Original forms, proof of non-profit status, along with a $500 refundable security deposit check, must be received at the Palmetto Bay Municipal between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Once submitted, application is subject to approval by Village Manager and Parks Director.
- If approved, the Events Coordinator will contact you to finalize details.
Within a short distance from the Ludovici Park site is another very popular Village park: Thalatta Estate. This park features a historically-significant house (the Thalatta Estate) and unobstructed views of Biscayne Bay - with all the private party amenities you need to host a beautiful wedding or other special events. Ludovici Park and Thalatta Estate Park are connected to each other via the historic Old Cutler Road trail, and both feature recreational trails within the property.