Community Room Fee Waiver
Administrative Fee Waiver for Not-for-Profit and Community GroupsPursuant to Ordinance No. 2012-12, the Village of Palmetto Bay is providing Nonprofit organizations or Community Groups with the complimentary use of the Edward and Arlene Feller Community Room. For information, availability, or a waiver-form application, please contact us via email or by calling the Parks division at 305-259-1234.
- The Community Room can only be used for up to a cumulative of ten (10) hours a week total by community groups or non-profit organizations.
- Feller Community Room, the organization or group will be required to pay the full rental amount.
- A request for waiver of the rental frees must be issued and received at least ten (10) days prior to the requested day of use.
- Should the nonprofit organization or community group utilizing administrative waiver conduct a fund raising activity in the Edward and Arlene
- Use of the Community Room is limited to once per week by nonprofit organizations and community groups who are seeking use through administrative waiver of rental fees.
- The Village Manager shall review the request for administrative waiver of rental fees for non-profits and community-based groups and determine if the request is accompanied by appropriate documentation to support the request.
- Village use of the Community room has priority for room usage over any nonprofit organization or community group.
ApplicationIn order to apply:
- Confirm that date is available, and that the 10 hour maximum allotment has not been used up for that week. (a week is considered Saturday to Friday)
- Visit the Palmetto Bay Municipal Center at 9705 on E Hibiscus Street 305-259-1234 to fill out an original application form.
- Original forms, proof of non-profit status, along with a $500 refundable security deposit check, must be received at the Palmetto Bay Municipal between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Once submitted, application is subject to approval by Village Manager and Parks Director.
- If approved, the Events Coordinator will contact you to finalize details.