Pursuant to Village's Code of Ordinances, the qualifying period for the 2022 election begins at noon on August 1, 2022 and ends at noon August 12, 2022. All candidates may qualify for the November 8, 2022 election in the office of the Village Clerk, 9705 E Hibiscus Street, Palmetto Bay.
All interested candidates are encouraged to make an appointment by calling (305) 259-1234 and/or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All required qualifying paperwork and fees must be provided to the Village Clerk within the qualifying period.
Required Documents & Fees
The following documents and fees are required during the qualifying period:
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository for Candidates - DS-DE 9
- Statement of Candidate - DS-DE 84
- Declaration and First Amendment Waiver for Candidates who agree to comply with the Voluntary Statement of Fair Campaign Practices
- Proof of Voter's Registration
- Affidavit - Notice of Candidacy and Residency
- Loyalty Oath / Oath of Candidacy
- Form 1 - Statement of Financial Interests
- Qualifying fee of $100
- State Election Assessment fee - 1% of annual salary for office sought ($240 for Mayor - annual salary is $24,000 and $120 for Councilmembers - annual salary is $12,000)