List of Drainage Areas Slated for Improvements
In January, the Village Council unanimously approved an agreement for the planning, design and permitting for drainage improvement in seven priority areas by adopting Resolution 2016-07 (PDF). The seven areas were identified based on the area's historical propensity to experience localized flooding after heavy rainfall events.
The approved areas include the following:
- Area 1 - SW 87 Avenue from SW 142 Street to SW 143 Street
- Area 2 - SW 80 Avenue from SW 167th Street to 166th Street
- Area 3 - SW 80 Avenue from SW 155th Street to End of Cul-de-Sac
- Area 4 - SW 80 Avenue from SW 152 Street to SW 148 Street
- Area 5 - East side of SW 84 Court between SW 147 Street and SW 147 Terrace
- Area 6 - SW 88th Court between SW 156th Street and SW 159th Street
- Area 7 - SW 145th Terrace between SW 73rd Avenue and SW 74th Avenue
Sub-Basin 59/60 Drainage Improvement Project:
Council has approved the contracting of an engineering firm to provide design development plans and drainage designs for new drainage improvements in the area of sub-basin 59/60, known as SW 82 Ave from SW 152nd St to SW 160th Street and a localized improvement at the intersection of SW 160th St and SW 81st Ave.
This project is part of the C-100 C-W-7 Miami-Dade County basin. Construction of drainage improvements in Sub-Basin 59/60 to consist of cleaning and flushing all sediment and debris from existing catch basins and pipes and adjust catch basin elevations and locations to minimize accumulation of sediment and debris. Installation of additional infrastructure in accordance with design plans, project specifications, and applicable permits are planned under this scope of work. Construction of project is anticipated to commence Spring 2017.