Evacuation Information & Centers
Hurricane Evacuation Centers
- 2018 Evacuation Centers- Please remember that not all evacuation centers will open when an evacuation order is announced and then a list will be provided. For a list of OPEN SHELTERS, monitor the local radio or television, or dial 3-1-1 (TDD (305) 468-5402)
- People who require special assistance in evacuating can dial 3-1-1 to get information about specialized evacuation centers.
Who should evacuate:
- Residents who live in mobile homes
- Residents on life-dependent medical or electric equipment
- Residents who live in an evacuation zone mandated to be evacuated (click on map to download)
Those residents who live in mobile homes as well as those who depend on life-dependent and/or electric medical equipment should evacuate for any category storm. Evacuation orders will be transmitted by direct warnings or through the media.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IF YOUR HOME IS IN A FLOOD PLANNING ZONE
Click the hyperlink above and enter your home address to see whether you are located within a Storm Surge Planning Zone (alternatively you can call 3-1-1 for evacuation information pertaining to your neighborhood.)
Special Needs Shelters:
Public Transportation Services
Residents who do not have their own transportation to the Evacuation Centers, emergency public bus pick-up is provided by Miami-Dade County.
Specific Bus Pick-Up sites will be activated only for hurricane evacuations. Residents should listen to the media or call 311 to find out when the buses will transport people from the pick-up sites to Red Cross Evacuation Centers. Buses that will transport people for hurricane evacuations will have a special notice on the front of the bus where the route information is displayed.