About Mayor Cunningham
Karyn Cunningham was elected as Palmetto Bay's Mayor on November 6, 2018. A native of Miami-Dade County and a graduate of Miami Palmetto Senior High, Mayor Cunningham graduated Cum Laude from the University of South Florida in 1985 and holds certification in Elementary Education and Psychology. She received her Urban Education Certification from Florida International University in 1987. Karyn and her family have lived in the Village of Palmetto Bay since 1995. She has one daughter, Megan.
- Passive Park Initiative- allowing the Village to take steps in acquiring parcels of land for the expansion of parks within the Village. The acquisition of these properties will enable us to increase our tree canopy which not only enhances the beautification of our community, but increases home values as well.
- IBus Park & Ride- which established the first of its kind pilot program using the Village’s IBus to transport commuters to the county’s MetroRail System on the busway as part of reducing vehicular traffic and reduce our carbon footprint by removing as many automobiles as possible from our roadways - positively impacting current traffic conditions.
- Safe Schools Initiative- which directs our Village police officers to make their presence known at our public and private schools by completing their official reports on school property so as to have a higher profile for our students, teachers and their families.
- After Hours with Karyn- which allows residents to meet with me for coffee and discuss their ideas, issues and vision for the Village.
- Saturdays in the Park- a monthly opportunity giving residents the opportunity to meet with to discuss their ideas about how to improve our cherished parks and green spaces.
- Annual Kids Town Hall- giving our youngest residents the opportunity to have their voices be a part of governing. Through the Kids Town Halls changes were made to park amenities at Coral Reef Park and Palmetto Bay Park.
Contact Mayor Cunningham directly on her cell phone at 305-799-0695 or via email.