Veterans' Park Task Force
|Member Name||Member Name|
|Thomas Frank - Chair||Don Pybas|
|Dana Pezoldt - Secretary||Roger Snyder|
|Cesar Lastra||Richard Dorn|
|William "Billy" Richards||Chris Amaya|
|Jerry Bryda||Pam Tabor|
- Staff Liaison: Heidi Siegel, Community and Economic Development Director
- Managed by: Nick Marano, Village Manager
To promote patriotism and assist the Village in determining the most appropriate location and method by which to honor United States Veterans and first responders.
Purpose & Scope
The Veterans' Park Task Force shall provide recommendations to the Village Manager in the matters that impact the most appropriate location and method by which to honor United States Veterans and First Responders.
The Veterans' Park Task Force shall:
- Advise the Village Manager as to the possible locations and designs for recognizing United States Veterans and first responders within the municipal boundaries of Palmetto Bay.
- Offer suggestions concerning the most appropriate manner by which to recognize United States Veterans and first responders.
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and implementation of any events to be held with regard to the on-going and future events regarding Veterans and first responders.
- Promote patriotism
- Work with the Village Manager to further the aim and objective of providing United States Veterans and first responders with an appropriate recognition of gratitude for their service.
Resolution 2019-69 (PDF) abolished the Veterans' Park Advisory Committee and created the Veterans' Park Task Force under the direction and control of the Village Manager.
The committee consists of five members offered by the Board of the American Legion Marlin Moore Post and additional appointments by the Village Manager.
The Task Force meets the third Thursday of each quarter of the calendar year at 5 pm. Please see the calendar linked on the left side menu for more details.
All advisory boards, committees and task force groups meet in person at Village Hall, 9705 East Hibiscus Street, Palmetto Bay, FL 33157. All meetings will be audio-recorded, and written minutes will be maintained by the Office of the Village Clerk.
Members of the general public may provide public comments by using the online Public Comment Form, which will be read into the record, or may appear in person to provide public comments.
For additional information and/or inquiries, please contact Missy Arocha, Village Clerk at (305) 259-1234, or via email to: email@example.com.
For more information about upcoming meetings, please visit our online calendar.