Veterans' Park Task Force
|Name||Appointed By:||Term Limit:|
|Paul Amato, Chair|
|Thomas Frank, Secretary|
- Council Liaison: Vice Mayor John Dubois
- Staff Liaison: Mari Guerra, Police Major
To promote patriotism and assist the Village in determining the most appropriate location and method by which to honor United States Veterans and first responders.
The Veterans' Park Task Force shall provide recommendations to the Village Manager in the matters that impact the most appropriate location and method by which to honor United States Veterans and First Responders.
The Veterans' Park Task Force shall be:
1. Advise the Village Manager as to the possible locations and designs for recognizing United States Veterans and first responders within the municipal boundaries of Palmetto Bay.
2. Offer suggestions concerning the most appropriate manner by which to recognize United States Veterans and first responders.
3. Assist with the planning, promotion, and implementation of any events to be held with regard to the on-going and future events regarding Veterans and first responders.
4. Promote patriotism.
5. Work with the Village Manager to further the aim and objective of providing United States Veterans and first responders with an appropriate recognition of gratitude for their service.
Resolution 2019-69 (PDF) mandates that this important committee is established within the Village Manager's office and shall communicate and coordinate directly with the Village Manager and is not an advisory committee of the Council therefore, the committee is not subject to Florida Sunshine Laws.
The committee consists of members from the American Legion Marlin Moore Post, a member of the Palmetto Bay Garden Club, and one member each from the following advisory committees: Parks and Recreation, Art-in-Public Places, Community Outreach, Tree Advisory, and Education Advisory Board.