Veterans' Park Task Force
|Name||Appointed By:||Term Limit:|
|Paul Amato, Chair|
|Thomas Frank, Secretary|
- Staff Liaison: Mari Guerra, Police Major
- Managed by: Nick Marano, Village Manager
To promote patriotism and assist the Village in determining the most appropriate location and method by which to honor United States Veterans and first responders.
The Veterans' Park Task Force shall provide recommendations to the Village Manager in the matters that impact the most appropriate location and method by which to honor United States Veterans and First Responders.
2021 Meeting Schedule
The Task Force will meet the third Thursday of every other month at 5 pm. The schedule provided below is for the first half of 2021:
- February 18, 2021, 5 pm
- April 15, 2021, 5 pm
- June 17, 2021, 5 pm
Please note that pursuant to the Village of Palmetto Bay’s Declaration of COVID-19 Virus State of Emergency Order No. 2020-11, all Village Advisory Boards, Committees, Task Forces, Charter Officers, and staff shall continue to meet virtually. All virtual meetings shall comply with the Florida Constitution, Florida’s Government in the Sunshine Law, and Chapter 286, Florida Statutes. All dates and times are subject to change and may be cancelled due to a lack of a quorum. If a Special Council Meeting is called by the Village Council which conflicts with a meeting date/time established herein, the meeting of the board, committee, or task force shall be cancelled and rescheduled for another date and time, which shall be voted upon by a majority of the members and shall not be in conflict with other scheduled meetings of the Village.
Members of the public will have the option to participate in these meetings by two ways: (option-1) submitting public comments by form which shall be read in the beginning of each meeting and/or (option-2) registering to attend the webinar in real-time using GoToWebinar service. A public notice will be accessible for each meeting illustrating the options available for public participation, including the registration information for the attendances.
The Veterans' Park Task Force shall be:
- Advise the Village Manager as to the possible locations and designs for recognizing United States Veterans and first responders within the municipal boundaries of Palmetto Bay.
- Offer suggestions concerning the most appropriate manner by which to recognize United States Veterans and first responders.
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and implementation of any events to be held with regard to the on-going and future events regarding Veterans and first responders.
- Promote patriotism
- Work with the Village Manager to further the aim and objective of providing United States Veterans and first responders with an appropriate recognition of gratitude for their service.
The committee consists of members from the American Legion Marlin Moore Post, a member of the Palmetto Bay Garden Club, and one member each from the following advisory committees: Parks and Recreation, Art-in-Public Places, Community Outreach, Tree Advisory, and Education Advisory Board.