Youth Community Involvement Task Force
|Robert Hoel, Jr.|
- Council Liaison: Mayor Karyn Cunningham
- Staff Liaison: Fanny Carmona, Parks & Recreation Director
The Youth Community Involvement Task Force or YCITF (formerly Youth Community Involvement Board) was created for the purpose of reviewing issues to related to the quality of life and recreational needs of the youth of the Village of Palmetto Bay. The YCITF is an established board to the Village Manager and is not subject to the public meetings law. The scope of the YCITF is as follows:
- Advise the Manager as to the quality of life and recreational needs of the youth of the Village.
- Assist in the planning, promotion, and implementation of programs and services for youth and teens of the Village.
- Participate in Village events such as the Village picnic, Earth Week, and sponsored events, including but not limited to Relay for Life, and other events as determined to be appropriate.
- Foster a greater involvement of youth and teens in municipal government and community service.
The Task Force will meet the second Tuesday of the month at 5 pm. Please see the linked calendar on the menu to the left for more details.
Please note that pursuant to the Village of Palmetto Bay’s Declaration of COVID-19 Virus State of Emergency Order No. 2020-11, all Village Advisory Boards, Committees, Task Forces, Charter Officers, and staff shall continue to meet virtually. All virtual meetings shall comply with the Florida Constitution, Florida’s Government in the Sunshine Law, and Chapter 286, Florida Statutes. All dates and times are subject to change and may be cancelled due to a lack of a quorum. If a Special Council Meeting is called by the Village Council which conflicts with a meeting date/time established herein, the meeting of the board, committee, or task force shall be cancelled and rescheduled for another date and time, which shall be voted upon by a majority of the members and shall not be in conflict with other scheduled meetings of the Village.
STARTING JUNE 1, 2022, ALL BOARDS, COMMITTEES AND TASK FORCE GROUPS WILL MEET IN PERSON AT VILLAGE HALLPalmetto Bay's Declaration of COVID-19 Virus State of Emergency Order No. 2020-11 has been lifted. As such, all advisory boards, committees and task force groups will resume in person meetings starting June 1, 2022. All meetings will be audio-recorded, and written minutes will be maintained by the Office of the Village Clerk.
Members of the general public may provide public comments by continuing to use the online Public Comment Form, which will be read into the record, or may appear in person to provide public comments.
The meeting dates will remain the same as previously established for all volunteer groups.
For more information about upcoming meetings, please visit our online calendar.