Palmetto Bay Partnership Advisory Committee
The Palmetto Bay Partnership Advisory Committee was created via Ordinance 2015-08 (passed and enacted on September 8, 2015).
To realize the economic and social potential of the Village of Palmetto Bay by providing advisory input, and recommendations to the Mayor and Council. Assist the Mayor and Council in implementing these recommendations, and those recommendations that accrue from the Village’s Strategic Plan, as requested by the Mayor and Council.
Members will assist the Mayor and Council in implementing those recommendations relative to the committee's mission as well as the economic recommendations that accrue from the Village's Strategic Plan, as requested by Mayor and Council.
The Committee's Objectives include:
- Advise in the development and implementation of the Village's Brand identity.
- Focus on the redevelopment of the U.S. 1 corridor from SW 136 to 184 Streets, and the intersection of Old Cutler Road and SW 168 Street.
- Study the development of a Village program to retain existing businesses, and attract new business and development. Focus on providing convenient shopping for Village residents in goods, services and entertainment.
- Advise the Council on the potential economic and social implications of Village legislation, and the regulatory process.
- Propose other governmental agencies as partners to fulfill the Committee's Mission.
- Engaging and including non-profit institutions in the Village's legislative and regulatory process.
CompositionThe Palmetto Bay Partnership shall consist of interested stakeholders; residents, institutions, and businesses. The Mayor shall have 5 appointees, and the Vice Mayor and Councilmembers shall have 2 appointees each. The Mayor shall serve as the Council Liaison to the Palmetto Bay Partnership Committee. Otherwise, terms and conditions of membership shall be provided in Chapter 2, Article II, Division 3.
Term of Office
The terms of office of the members of each committee or board shall serve a two-year term once appointed. No board member shall serve more than six consecutive years on any one board. The term of every board member nominated by the Councilmember shall automatically expire when:
(a) the nominating Councilmember leaves office; (b) the nominating Councilmember’s term of office expires – an incoming Councilmember may re-appoint the individual member, if they so desire, for an additional term or any period of time they chose. Should a vacancy on a board or committee remain unfilled for 30 days, which is subject to individual Councilmember appointment, it may be filled by nomination of the Village Council. However, that member’s appointment shall be subject to provisions of 2-58 as they were nominated by a Councilmember. If at any time, a member of the Village Council desires the removal of a member of the committee, said removal shall occur via Resolution with majority vote.
- Eric Haas
- Susan Holtzman
- Courtney Reeder
- Don M. Waters
- Dan Yglesias
- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Village of Palmetto Bay Municipal Center 9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157