The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs.
The Parks and Recreation Department manages the Village of Palmetto Bay system of local and regional parks which create a compilation of beautiful park facilities. Ranging from serene to active, educational to recreational, and relaxing to exercising, the parks offer a myriad of rewarding activities for all to enjoy.
Village of Parks
The "Village of Parks" is home to seven recreational facilities, including the beautiful Charles Deering Estate and Bill Sadowski Park, which are managed by Miami-Dade County. Visit our Parks & Facilities page to learn more about our beautiful Palmetto Bay parks.
- Continue to assess park amenities for possible upgrades to be presented via the Capital Improvement Program
- Encourage the cooperation between the Village and neighborhood schools regarding use of respective recreational facilities.
- Expand in-house/outsourced recreational programming for youth, adults and seniors.
- Expand the park system by identifying potential properties to acquire for recreational purposes.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; including delivery of services; strategic expenditures and opportunities to increase revenues.
- Organize and implement special events, home games and tournaments in our park facilities and village-wide.
- Seek sponsorship and donations for programming, special events and enhancement of parks.