About the Building & Permitting Division
About Building & Permitting
- Ensure that laws and regulations governing the construction industry are implemented consistently and uniformly throughout the Building Department and within our customer base.
- Improve service delivery for residents, businesses and trade representatives.
- Enhance access to information concerning the building and permitting laws and processes by implementing a software module through Eden.
- Facilitate retrieval and access to closed project plans and information and ease storage needs by continuing to scan and store data electronically.
- Promote and implement green initiatives in accordance with Village policies.
- Promote the new Eden software module to allow for easier access and posting of all plan review and inspection results.
- Respond to code complaints in a professional and expeditious manner.
- Implement code compliance policies set by the Village Council as specific topics that impact the Village (i.e. un-kept pools / mosquitoes, water restrictions and lot maintenance at abandoned properties).
- Administer the Special Master hearing process for appeals to code citations and mitigation cases.
- Continue to educate residential and commercial property owners on code requirements.
- Secure code compliance through a progressive system of enforcement actions.
- Work directly with residents to address code issues within neighborhoods.