IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING BUILDING PERMITS
- If you have questions regarding your permit or the permitting process in general, please send us an email.
- You can schedule an online appointment to meet with our staff. Click here to make an appointment online.
- Inspections must be scheduled through the Permitting Line at 305-259-1253 or by sending an email prior to 3 pm. Please scroll down for more details.
Permitting Process for Building Permits During COVID-19:
For each permit type, submit a permit application:
- Fill out a Building Permit Application
- Include contact name, phone number and email address on the place provided on the application.
- Drop off your Building Permit Application at the drop box located at the main entrance to Village Hall. Permit applications and plans can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, excluding holidays.
- Make sure to fill out the log-in sheet located at the drop box. Include your name, email, property address and all other information required.
NEW CONSTRUCTION: For new construction permits, please make sure to leave two copies of the plans and all associated documents along with the permit application in the drop box.
When the Permit is Approved and Ready
- Village staff will notify you via email with the fee amount.
- You will have to pay for the permit online here. Read these instructions first.
- Once you have paid for the permit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, phone and permit numbers.
- Village staff will print the permit card and send the card along with your job copy of the permit documents via email as pdf documents For bulk plans, an appointment will be made with you for pick-up.
- Onsite inspections are being conducted on all permitted work.
- Inspections can only be scheduled via phone at 305-259-1253 (please leave a voice mail message) or via email, BEFORE 3 pm. Be certain to leave your contact information on the voice mail message.
- Inspections are performed the following business day unless the owner requests otherwise.
- Client calls the Building and Permitting Division the morning of the inspection at 305-259-1250 and an approximate time frame either in the morning or afternoon will be provided.
- The homeowner and/or contractor must be present at the site of interior inspection when the inspector arrives. For open air inspections such as fences, driveways, pools, roofs and such permit paperwork may be left outside in a plastic cover for protection as is the norm for such inspections. These inspections are accomplished without the owner or contractor.
WINDOWS & DOOR INSPECTIONS: We have continued our regular inspection processes for window/door replacement permits. For permits that have not already started, we will do Bucks & In-Progress and through the final inspections. For jobs that have already started in which the Bucks & In-Progress have started thus concealed a Florida Licensed Architect or Engineer certification letter will be required to close out the permit.
** We ask our residents that you continue to abide by social distance guidelines and remember that by county order, persons working in construction sites, such as your home, are required to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC. Read the order here.**
Access information on how to pull a permit, permit fees and permit forms and documents.
Be aware of the current codes in effect for all permitting issues.
Review legal information regarding contractors and construction processes.
Check the status of your building permit online.
See a list of Permit forms, applications & other related documents.
Discover the inspection scheduling process.
Access information about the Village's planning & zoning process and zoning applications for new projects. This is a division of the Community & Economic Development.