Fitness Classes & Programs
The Village of Parks offers a variety of programs at several of our beautiful parks. These programs include Yoga by the Bay, Kayak Adventures, Educational Classes, and a Run Club just to name a few.
Online registration is available for some of the programs, as indicated under each program below. If online registration is not an option for the program that you are interested in, you must contact the Program Provider directly to register. Program information is also available in our Play by Play Guide.
Get Fit Palmetto Bay
Join this community-wide effort to improve health & increase fitness. Get Fit Palmetto Bay is a year-long commitment that starts each January 1st and runs through the end of the calendar year. During this time, a variety of health-related courses and fitness classes are scheduled. Merchants and businesses provide discounts to participants for merchandise or even gym membership. Joining is free and you will get healthier! Check out our exclusive Get Fit Palmetto Bay page for more information.
Yoga by the Bay
Offered at the beautiful Thalatta Estate Park. This gentle Yoga program will explore a variety of breathing, energizing, restorative, meditation and relaxation practices. Ages 15 and up welcome. All LEVELS. Bring your own yoga mat and water bottle.
- Thalatta Estate Park
- Sundays (check dates online) 9:30 am - 11 am
- Free of charge
Baptist Health Old Cutler Run Club
Join our family-friendly run club, which is also part of our year long Get Fit Palmetto Bay program. Meet us every Sunday at different locations announced on the club's Facebook page for an energizing 5K run around the historic Old Cutler Road. A shorter course is available for smaller kids.
- Various Locations
- Sundays (rain or shine) 5:30 pm*
- Free of charge
Registration is not required. Visit us on Facebook for more details.
*This is a new time for the Summer season. Hours have changed to 5:30 pm.
Baptist Health Community Health Classes
- Stretch & Relaxation: Uses elements of Pilates and dance to stretch muscles and strengthen the core.
- Coral Reef Park- Mondays, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Palmetto Bay Park- Wednesdays & Fridays, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Cardio Pump: This is a high intensity, low impact aerobics class emphasizing on cardiovascular fitness and coordination.
- Coral Reef Park- Tuesdays, 10 am - 11 am
- Trim & Fit Aerobics: A class that combines the benefits of aerobic exercise and strength training for a complete calorie torching workout.
- Coral Reef Park- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11 am - 12 pm
- Pilates: A program designed to increase strength & flexibility and also improve balance & breathing capacity through core control exercises. This class requires a mat.
- Coral Reef Park- Wednesdays, 10:30 - 11: 30 am
- Dance Aerobics: A fun and challenging class incorporating upbeat dance exercises that improve cardiovascular fitness, muscle endurance, coordination and balance. Class combines props and dancing for a lively & fun atmosphere.
- Coral Reef Park- Thursdays, 10 - 11 am