About the Office of the Village Clerk
Office of the Village Clerk
The Village Clerk is one of the three Chartered positions in the Village appointed by the Village Council. Reporting directly to the Council, the Village Clerk serves as secretary for the Village Council and of the Municipal Corporation. The responsibilities of the Village Clerk in the Village of Palmetto Bay are as follows:
- Gives notice of all Council meetings to its members and the public, and shall maintain an accurate record of all Council proceedings
- Maintains the seal of the Village and attest the Mayor's or the Manager's signature, as the case may be, on all documents
- Serves as the municipal Supervisor of Elections
- Administers the publication of the Village Code and Charter
- Maintains custody of the Village's vital records including agreements, contracts, minutes, ordinances, proclamations, and resolutions
- Functions as the Information Technology Coordinator
- Manages all Public Information Requests
Sat Apr. 20Robert's Rules of Order Training Forum The Village of Palmetto Bay shall be conducting a Robert’s Rules of Order Training Forum for the members of the Village Council facilitated by Florida International University. Although this is not an official meeting of the Village Council and no official action will be taken during the training, members of the public are welcomed to observe, but not participate.
Mon Apr. 22
Mon Apr. 22Local Planning Agency Meeting (preceding the Zoning Hearing) Date changed from April 15th to April 22nd.
Mon Apr. 22Zoning Hearing (immediately following the Local Planning Agency Meeting) Date changed from April 15th to April 22nd.
Tue Apr. 23